Field Officer- Water
Job Type: Not Specified
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking Field Officers to join our team in Goondiwindi.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- 9 day fortnight
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
This is primarily a field-based position, where you will provide information, expert advice and services to customers and stakeholders to improve their understanding of the regulatory framework for water
You will be self-motivated to achieve outcomes and thrive in an environment where you have clear deadlines and expectations set. You will be required to effectively manage your time and resources to ensure that all tasks are completed efficiently and can work in the field in remote and isolated areas of the state.
You must be focussed, hardworking and committed to finding the solutions that drive results and be able to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment and to put safety first.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken with safety as the number one priority.
- Provide personalised customer service and ensuring that customers have access to their water, through accurate and timely water accounting transactions.
- Verify water take via a range of measurement devices and assessment methods
- Assist with surface water, groundwater, and water quality monitoring functions such as rating, gauging, groundwater monitoring, collection of water quality samples and instrument management.
- Provide assistance to install, manage and maintain water monitoring equipment and infrastructure to prescribed standards; to deliver a fit for purpose water data monitoring network
- Provide assistance to process water data into corporate databases.
- Provide assistance to monitor, collect, verify and examine water monitoring data.
What we are looking for:
- NSW Higher School Certificate or equivalent, or a recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate, or a Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Knowledge of the assessments of surface water, groundwater and/or water quality monitoring
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- A willingness and ability to carry out remote and isolated field work in all weather conditions that can be extreme at times and for prolonged periods of time. Field work can be both physically and mentally demanding while still requiring all workers to remain safe.
- Awareness of and interest in natural resource management, particularly water
- Ability to swim 25M clothed, tread water for 2 minutes clothed, swim 50M in bathing suit. Tested every 3 years.
- Desirable: Experience using Hydstra database, current First Aid Certificate, Boat Licence, row a boat/kayak, work at heights, heavy lifting, and proficiency in driving four-wheel drive vehicles
Who is WaterNSW? When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
We operate one of the largest water monitoring networks in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
For more information, please reach out to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Any personal information you voluntarily provide on this form is being collected by WaterNSW for the purpose of assessing your eligibility and suitability for employment with WaterNSW, in either the position you have applied for or other vacancies within WaterNSW that may arise in the future. Any inclusion and diversity information you voluntarily provide will be used for reporting purposes only and, if you decide not to disclose this information, will not impact the processing of your application. The information will be accessible to WaterNSW employees involved in the assessment of your application, which may include third parties engaged by WaterNSW for that purpose. For example, your information may be disclosed to your nominated referees, third parties engaged by WaterNSW to conduct background checks and or assessments (including identification checks, criminal history checks, or medial assessments), or as otherwise required by law. If you do not disclose any personal information, WaterNSW may not be able to process and assess your application to determine your eligibility and suitability for any position. You may make an application to access and correct your personal information at any time by contacting WaterNSW at firstname.lastname@example.org. Address : WaterNSW, Level 13, 169 Macquarie Street, Parramatta NSW 2150