Safety & Compliance Specialist
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Safety & Compliance Specialist to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
Yearly corporate wear allowance
Professional development and educational assistance
And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Audit: work closely with stakeholders across the organisation in various locations across NSW to focus audit activities on key risks identified and ensure continuous improvement to health and safety, maritime and aviation related policy and procedure.
- Action Management: Monitor and track business improvement actions in relation to safety systems to ensure compliance with policy and statutory requirements.
- Investigation and Advice: conduct independent investigations of complex and high-risk incidents, when required, to identify root cause and to promote effective actions and provide advice and recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Promotions: develop safety information and identify key learnings to inform organisational programs that cultivate a generative safety culture at WaterNSW.
- Consultation: Undertake a secretariat role for workplace HSR Committees.
What we are looking for:
- Auditor ISO45001:2018 or equivalent
- Knowledge and awareness of WHS legislation and processes
- Understanding of safety management systems and assurance
- Experience in WHS audit
- Experience in undertaking workplace investigations, in particular familiarity with WorkCover investigation processes or root cause analysis processes.
- Willingness to travel across locations within NSW
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Azmine Amer (Talent Acquisition Partner) at firstname.lastname@example.org
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
Any personal information you voluntarily provide on this form is being collected by WaterNSW for the purpose of assessing your eligibility and suitability for employment with WaterNSW, in either the position you have applied for or other vacancies within WaterNSW that may arise in the future. Any inclusion and diversity information you voluntarily provide will be used for reporting purposes only and, if you decide not to disclose this information, will not impact the processing of your application. The information will be accessible to WaterNSW employees involved in the assessment of your application, which may include third parties engaged by WaterNSW for that purpose. For example, your information may be disclosed to your nominated referees, third parties engaged by WaterNSW to conduct background checks and or assessments (including identification checks, criminal history checks, or medial assessments), or as otherwise required by law. If you do not disclose any personal information, WaterNSW may not be able to process and assess your application to determine your eligibility and suitability for any position. You may make an application to access and correct your personal information at any time by contacting WaterNSW at email@example.com. Address : WaterNSW, Level 13, 169 Macquarie Street, Parramatta NSW 2150