Lead Project Manager
Job Type: Not Specified
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW has a number of opportunities across the state of NSW within our capital renewals program for Lead Project Managers and is seeking applications from interested and suitably qualified applicants.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state. This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- 9 day fortnight
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
Manage the planning and delivery of a portfolio of complex and/or high risk, high value projects to meet time, cost and quality objectives using WaterNSW’s project delivery framework and tools. You will also support and mentor other Project Managers, share knowledge and expertise to support them in delivering their projects and increasing the overall skill base of the team. The role will also involve support to the Project Delivery Manager to meet team objectives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own and manage delivery of agreed outcomes across a portfolio of projects from needs analysis to completion, including recommending and implementing optimal solutions to address the business needs while meeting agreed time, cost and quality and determining how benefits will be realised. The role is also responsible for coordination and compilation of key project artefacts such as, business cases, project management plans, schedules (including WBS), specifications etc.
- Control project performance through monitoring all aspects of project delivery and proactively managing situations that could impact on project outcomes. Provide robust and accurate forecasts and regular and timely reporting on project parameters including progress against project plan, risks and issues and on project performance (including schedule, financial, environmental, WHS and quality).
- Ensure all project risks and issues are effectively captured, allocated, managed, actioned, retired and reported throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure appropriate and relevant internal and external resources are effectively briefed, available and engaged in a timely manner to enable effective and efficient project delivery. Manage the identified resources to ensure they have clear deliverables and are meeting their agreed obligations.
- Lead negotiation and ongoing management of contracts for consulting, construction and any other externally provided services required to enable the delivery of projects. This includes Final July 2018 validating and endorsing payment and other claims as well as overall contractor performance. The Project Manager is solely responsible for providing direction to contractors.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and approval authorities, including community and public consultation processes, planning approval processes ensuring that approvals are obtained in a timely manner.
- Share lessons learnt and grow competencies in project and contract management amongst project managers, project engineers, construction managers and project support staff involved in asset projects.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years professional experience in Project Management (preferably in asset-based projects)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil /Mechanical /Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a portfolio of asset dominant projects (preferably from a client perspective) and/or delivery of standalone complex, high risk or large projects valued in excess of $20m meeting time, quality and cost targets.
- Lead and engage others in all aspects of the change process aligned to delivery of new assets or systems.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements as they relate to the delivery of capital projects.
- Experience in successfully managing contracts, consultant engagements and contractors to efficiently and effectively deliver desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and practical application of PMBOK or Prince 2 methodologies
- Proven ability to manage a range of different stakeholders and their potentially conflicting needs to obtain agreement on actions and outcomes
- Demonstrates personal resilience through identifying and acting upon opportunities in times of adversity and challenge.
- Strong commercial acumen to identify benefits, opportunities and trade-offs to be made when formulating and executing business cases, project plans and contract negotiations.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with a demonstrable track record of achieving beneficial outcomes for the business.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
Favourable Candidate Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in contract negotiation and contractor management and contractual dispute resolution.
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive high-level experience and understanding of the technical investigation, design, environmental assessment, construction and operation of dams, pipelines, aqueducts, canals pumping stations and other water supply infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cultural, behavioural and process change
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and leading staff to grow capability and business performance.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to Samata Billa at firstname.lastname@example.org
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
Any personal information you voluntarily provide on this form is being collected by WaterNSW for the purpose of assessing your eligibility and suitability for employment with WaterNSW, in either the position you have applied for or other vacancies within WaterNSW that may arise in the future. Any inclusion and diversity information you voluntarily provide will be used for reporting purposes only and, if you decide not to disclose this information, will not impact the processing of your application. The information will be accessible to WaterNSW employees involved in the assessment of your application, which may include third parties engaged by WaterNSW for that purpose. For example, your information may be disclosed to your nominated referees, third parties engaged by WaterNSW to conduct background checks and or assessments (including identification checks, criminal history checks, or medial assessments), or as otherwise required by law. If you do not disclose any personal information, WaterNSW may not be able to process and assess your application to determine your eligibility and suitability for any position. You may make an application to access and correct your personal information at any time by contacting WaterNSW at email@example.com. Address : WaterNSW, Level 13, 169 Macquarie Street, Parramatta NSW 2150