Water Planning and Delivery Specialist - Sydney
Job Type: Not Specified
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Water Planning & Delivery Specialist to join our operations team in the Greater Sydney area.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state. This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- 9 day fortnight
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
And so much more!
What you’ll do:
Design, develop, implement and supervise water operation plans and system configuration to provide technical assurance, expert advice and enable the most efficient 24/7 delivery of water to our customers and stakeholders in the Greater Sydney region within specified quantities, quality parameters and timeframes in a cost-effective manner to optimise system yield and put safety first.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review and direct optimised daily water system operations and plans to meet customer needs and business performance indicators in terms of both quality and quantity in line with requirements of Works Approvals, Water Sharing Plans and supply agreements in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Apply specialist expertise to assess and optimise water system operations in response to supply and quality risks and opportunities and particularly to identify when current procedures may not adequately address these potential risks and opportunities – this includes analysis of risks and opportunities from conflicting demands between water quality, yield, infrastructure and regulatory constraints, variable weather outlooks, asset outages, changing customer demands and outages, and community impacts and events.
- Review and recommend water resources assessment models, tools and procedures including water delivery system configuration plans, supply forecasting and benchmarking to ensure the most efficient allocation of water using best practice.
- Operate and direct the operations of water infrastructure during significant operational events (including droughts, floods and water quality events) in line with approved operating protocols to minimise risk to customers, assets and the downstream environment.
- Identify opportunities for improved operational and continual business improvement strategies and performance.
- Develop and deliver key procedures, documentation, systems, tools and training packages for planning and delivery operations, including flood operations. Train and provide technical guidance to WPD Officers and other WaterNSW staff, as required.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent level of operational experience.
- Experience with the use of hydrological and/or hydraulic models.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of operations in river and water supply system operations.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of bulk supply operations for the supply of water to customers within exact, stringent standards.
- Demonstrated ability to implement practical strategies, policies, procedures and tools for water planning and delivery, including flood operations and incident management.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders, customers and regulators.
- Proven experience in working within a team environment to achieve corporate and business unit objectives and maximise operational performance.
- Experienced communicator, negotiator, problem solver and networker with the ability to manage and prioritise conflicting demands.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
We operate one of the largest water monitoring networks in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
For more information, please reach out to: Tanya Talwar at Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications for this position will close on 30th June 2023
Click for Position Description - Please note this can only be accessed on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
Any personal information you voluntarily provide on this form is being collected by WaterNSW for the purpose of assessing your eligibility and suitability for employment with WaterNSW, in either the position you have applied for or other vacancies within WaterNSW that may arise in the future. Any inclusion and diversity information you voluntarily provide will be used for reporting purposes only and, if you decide not to disclose this information, will not impact the processing of your application. The information will be accessible to WaterNSW employees involved in the assessment of your application, which may include third parties engaged by WaterNSW for that purpose. For example, your information may be disclosed to your nominated referees, third parties engaged by WaterNSW to conduct background checks and or assessments (including identification checks, criminal history checks, or medial assessments), or as otherwise required by law. If you do not disclose any personal information, WaterNSW may not be able to process and assess your application to determine your eligibility and suitability for any position. You may make an application to access and correct your personal information at any time by contacting WaterNSW at email@example.com.Address : WaterNSW, Level 13, 169 Macquarie Street, Parramatta NSW 2150