Water Planning and Delivery Team Leader- Leeton, Albury, Deniliquin
Job Type: Not Specified
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Team Leader Water Planning and Delivery to join our operations team in the Southern region of NSW.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting the performance and development of a team of technical staff operating water supply systems to ensure the efficient delivery of water to customers and the environment.
Preferred location: Leeton, Albury, Deniliquin and other WaterNSW locations negotiable within the Southern region.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- 9 day fortnight
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Attractive remuneration
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the activities of Water Planning and Delivery regional staff, developing and maintaining the roster to ensure the appropriate allocation of human and technical resources along with managing staff fatigue.
- Provide timely guidance, coaching and feedback to help team members strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish tasks and solve problems.
- Coordinate the performance and development of team members to ensure a sound understanding of the business drivers, environment, tasks, strategies, and improvement actions.
- Maintain knowledge of supply system operation plans and protocols to ensure the coordinated water delivery service meets the needs of customers, stakeholders, and regulators.
- Identify opportunities for improved operational performance and continual business improvement strategies, including the documentation of operational procedures to ensure consistency of processes across the state.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in leadership, developing teamwork and training staff that continuously improves operational performance.
- Experienced communicator, negotiator, problem solver and networker.
- Proven experience in working within a team environment to achieve corporate and business targets and maximise operational performance.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of water planning and delivery operations in river or related systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NSW Water Management legislation, regulations and policies
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, science or related field, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Current NSW Driver’s licence
Who is WaterNSW? When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
We operate one of the largest water monitoring networks in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of our people and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of all successful candidates.
Well, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
For more information, please reach out to: Tanya Talwar at Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications for this position will close on 30th June 2023
Click for Position Description - Please note this can only be accessed on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
Any personal information you voluntarily provide on this form is being collected by WaterNSW for the purpose of assessing your eligibility and suitability for employment with WaterNSW, in either the position you have applied for or other vacancies within WaterNSW that may arise in the future. Any inclusion and diversity information you voluntarily provide will be used for reporting purposes only and, if you decide not to disclose this information, will not impact the processing of your application. The information will be accessible to WaterNSW employees involved in the assessment of your application, which may include third parties engaged by WaterNSW for that purpose. For example, your information may be disclosed to your nominated referees, third parties engaged by WaterNSW to conduct background checks and or assessments (including identification checks, criminal history checks, or medial assessments), or as otherwise required by law. If you do not disclose any personal information, WaterNSW may not be able to process and assess your application to determine your eligibility and suitability for any position. You may make an application to access and correct your personal information at any time by contacting WaterNSW at email@example.com.
Address : WaterNSW, Level 13, 169 Macquarie Street, Parramatta NSW 2150