System Resilience Strategy Manager
Job Type: Full time
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced System Resilience Strategy Manager to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
Yearly corporate wear allowance
Professional development and educational assistance
And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Provide strategic leadership to deliver a sustainable and resilience water services, identifying risk and opportunities to inform corporate strategy and policy development and for the long-term operating solutions to meet customer, stakeholder, and regulatory requirements.
- Implement effective program controls and governance, and coordinating submissions for external grants and funding opportunities to ensure projects are identified, prioritised, and resourced to deliver agreed outcomes on time and on budget.
- Establish and maintain risk assessment process on WaterNSW long term water security and water supply system climate resilience (including natural and built assets).
- Ensure WaterNSW water supply systems are resilient and adaptable to long term climate risks, developing water supply system adaptation strategies, and plans, utilising outcomes of risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, scientific knowledge, and modelling.
- Lead the delivery of asset and integrated water supply system strategies that identify opportunities and risk, and pro-actively scope, develop and propose long-term infrastructure and operational investment plans, to optimise system performance, capability, and reliability.
- Lead the relevant pricing submissions and development of long-term capital and operating investment plans, providing independent and strategic advice to ensure investment decisions are underpinned by robust planning and aligned with business strategic priorities.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline or experience deemed equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of NSW water sector, including the operating environment and its regulatory requirements.
- In depth understanding of strategic asset management including asset resilience and climate adaption strategies.
- Demonstrated experience leading a technical team and leading work across functional areas within an organisation.
- Extensive experience leading the development and delivery strategies on issues related to water security and climate resilient water supplies.
- Experience in risk analysis, and resilience management
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Talent Acquisition Partner Azmine Amer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications for this position will close on 29 September 2023.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
Click for Position Description - If you are unable to access, please visit the job advert on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Privacy and collection of your personal information
If you apply for a position via our website or email@example.com, WaterNSW may collect your personal information. Please visit WaterNSW’s Privacy Page to view the Careers Collection Notice for more information about how WaterNSW collects, uses, and discloses your personal information.