Azure IoT & Telemetry Specialist
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Azure IoT & Telemetry Specialist to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
Work a 9-day fortnight at Full pay on the Enterprise agreement
Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
Yearly corporate wear allowance
Professional development and educational assistance
And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Provides specialist and expert technical advice and direction in relation to the effective and efficient implementation of Azure IoT & Telemetry System technologies
- Design, develop and deploy changes in the Azure IoT platform to meet business functional requirements, develop and implement system enhancements to meet those requirements and changing business processes
- Provide specialist technical expertise and lead discussions with internal and external stakeholders, developers, infrastructure and cloud engineers to drive the development of solutions to overcome technical complexities, from understanding input requirements, defining project scope to obtaining necessary approvals.
- Develop software solutions in line with WaterNSW adopted industry standards utilising programming tools, software and techniques, to deliver software that meets the business needs and quality requirements
- Ensure implementations of Telemetry systems standards including programming tools, software and techniques, provide advice and guidance to external automation engineers as to their use to ensure compliance with WaterNSW standards and to maintain security and integrity of Telemetry systems.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering or relevant equivalent industry qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in IoT software development in the Microsoft Azure technology stack, including system design, software development
- Strong focus on identifying areas for continual improvement and raising awareness of need to make improvements as appropriate to increase reliability, usability, security of IoT software
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (PAAS services)
- Detailed understanding of Azure services including Azure IoT Hub, end points and device twins
- Demonstrated high level capability in IoT systems development of systems utilising the Microsoft Azure technology stack including:
- C# software development
- Deployment using CI/CD pipelines
- Event Hub, Service Bus queue
- API app services
- Azure Function apps
- Azure SQL DB tables and stored procedures
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Talent Acquisition Partner, Azmine Amer at email@example.com.
Please note applications for this position will close on 06 October 2023.
Click for Position Description - Please note this can only be accessed on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Privacy and collection of your personal information
If you apply for a position via our website or firstname.lastname@example.org, WaterNSW may collect your personal information. Please visit WaterNSW’sPrivacy Page to view the Careers Collection Notice for more information about how WaterNSW collects, uses, and discloses your personal information.