Customer Field Officer - Water
Job Type: Full time
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking a Customer Field Officer - Water(Full time) to join our team at Goondiwindi. This is primarily a field-based position, where you will provide information, expert advice and services to customers and stakeholders to improve their understanding of the regulatory framework for water.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state. This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Work a 9-day fortnight at Full pay on the Enterprise agreement
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Salary Range $92,081 - $101,291 + Super
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Provide personalised customer service and ensure customers have access to their water, through accurate and timely water accounting transactions.
- Verify water take via a range of measurement devices and assessment methods
- Assist with surface water, groundwater, and water quality monitoring functions such as rating, gauging, groundwater monitoring, collection of water quality samples and instrument management.
- Provide assistance to install, manage and maintain water monitoring equipment and infrastructure to prescribed standards; to deliver a fit for purpose water data monitoring network
- Provide assistance to process water data into corporate databases and to monitor, collect, verify, and examine water monitoring data.
What we are looking for:
- NSW Higher School Certificate or equivalent, or a recognised Tertiary Preparation Certificate, or a Certificate IV level or higher vocational qualification
- Knowledge of the assessments of surface water, groundwater and/or water quality monitoring
- A willingness and ability to carry out remote and isolated field work in all weather conditions that can be extreme at times and for prolonged periods of time. Field work can be both physically and mentally demanding while still requiring all workers to remain safe.
- Awareness of and interest in natural resource management, particularly water
- Ability to swim 25M clothed, tread water for 2 minutes clothed, swim 50M in bathing suit. Tested every 3 years.
- Desirable: Experience using Hydstra database, current First Aid Certificate, Boat Licence, row a boat/kayak, work at heights, heavy lifting, and proficiency in driving four-wheel drive vehicles
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
How we will support you:
At WaterNSW, we embrace the opportunity to integrate work into our life by having full ownership of our work week. We value getting the job done rather than looking at your work hours.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer and are committed to providing equal opportunities for women.Visit our WORK180 page to access our benefits and career development opportunities https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/waternsw
More about our team/ culture:
We communicate openly and honestly while maintaining respect for each other. This means we get things done. We understand that everyone is different, and this is what we value as part of our inclusive culture.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind - and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Samata Billa at email@example.com
Please note applications for this position will close on 3rd December 2023
Click for Position Description - Please note this can only be accessed on the WaterNSW Careers Page.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Privacy and collection of your personal information
If you apply for a position via our website or firstname.lastname@example.org, WaterNSW may collect your personal information. Please visit WaterNSW’sPrivacy Page to view the Careers Collection Notice for more information about how WaterNSW collects, uses, and discloses your personal information.