Operational Control System Technician
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operational Control System Technician at our Perth Office, on a Permanent Full Time basis.
About this role
As the Operational Control System Technician, you will be required to be responsible for managing the display and database configuration of Western Power’s Operational Information systems to ensure the necessary data and functionality is available to the users, meets their requirements and to complies with the required technical standards. This position will also provide data verification and tactical support to the Function.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- A Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Drafting, Cartography or a related engineering discipline
- Preferably 5 + years technical experience in the Networks business, with at least 4 years associated with the Distribution or Transmission network in engineering, detailed design/drafting or related discipline.
- Sound knowledge of engineering standards and regulations applicable to Distribution network detailed design/ drafting
- Sound knowledge of engineering standards and regulations applicable to Transmission network detailed design/ drafting
- Sound knowledge of WPC safety policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of SPIDA data structures and processes.
- An understanding of the EMS/DMS system change control process.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office systems (Outlook, Word, Excel & Access), and any specialist applications applicable to the Section and Stream, including drafting tools
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 3 October 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.