Senior Cyber Security Operations Specialist
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Operations Specialist at Perth Office on a Permanent Full-time basis.
About this role
As the Senior Cyber Security Operations Specialist, you will be required to provide subject matter expertise across our cyber security operations capabilities as part of a cross-functional and service provider enabled team; specifically, within the NIST CSF “Protect” Function. As part of the Cyber Security Operations team, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership, overseeing the successful delivery and continuous improvement of effective cyber security capabilities and managed cyber security services.
We are seeking someone with attributes that include:
- Experience supporting the overall design and delivery of a cohesive cyber security operations capability (e.g. overall framework, processes, and enabling technologies)
- Experience performing a governance and oversight role across managed cyber security services providers, ensuring capabilities are being delivered effectively
- Experience designing, scoping and supporting activities to provide proactive assurance over the effectiveness of cyber security controls (i.e. covering Categories within the NIST CSF Protect Function spanning Cloud, Enterprise, and OT environments)
- Experience working with a broad range of protective cyber security capabilities (e.g. identity, network, endpoint, email, data, and cloud security solutions)
- Experience designing and optimising end-to-end vulnerability management processes across cloud, enterprise, and Operational Technology (OT) environments; following a threat-informed and risk-based approach
- Experience enabling the delivery of asset management related cyber security objectives (e.g. critical asset identification and classification) supported by appropriate processes and technologies
- Experience designing and producing fit-for-purpose cyber security operations metrics and reporting for tactical, operational and strategic audiences
- Strong communication and soft skills, with the ability to partner and collaborate effectively inside and outside of the cyber security function
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, and analytical skills; including confidence navigating situations where only partial data may be available
- Adaptability and resilience working in dynamic and rapidly transforming organisation and technology environment
- Over five (5) years experience working in a technical cyber security role, or similar role with significant cyber security responsibilities
- Experience working in asset-intensive industries with exposure to cyber security operations within Operational Technology (OT) environments
- Experience delivering penetration testing, digital forensics, and/or incident response services
- Experience working with Microsoft cyber security capabilities and cloud technologies
- Tertiary qualification in Cyber Security or Information Technology disciplines
- Industry certifications such as: SANS SEC560, SANS MTG551, CEH, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, etc.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 4 October 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.