Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator at our Perth Office on a Permanent Full Time basis.
About this role
As the Project Coordinator you will be required to work with relevant stakeholders to support effective and efficient outcomes and to successfully manage and ensure delivery of a portfolio of projects for both internal and external customers.
- Deliver projects to the agreed scope, time, and cost without compromising quality, while perform detailed project analysis to support these outcomes
- Assist project and program managers in supporting the budgeting, estimation, scoping and resourcing of projects through the approvals process in accordance with Western Power’s project methodology, standards, processes, and compliance framework.
- Identify project assumptions, risks, issues, and dependencies ensuring appropriate mitigation strategies are established and managed.
- Ensure service providers are delivering to milestones as contractually agreed
- Manage, continuously improve, and innovate project / program administrative systems, and provide advice on process and methodology issues
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- A tertiary qualification in project management, business systems or a relevant discipline. (E.g. Building Services Engineering, Construction Management ) / or extensive and demonstrated practical expertise knowledge and industry experience
- Two years minimum experience in a project office or project management environment in a relevant project management discipline or area with strong experience in planning and scheduling, project reporting, document control and business analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Strong experience in scheduling tools, techniques, and business analysis
- Demonstrable capability and experience in relevant project management discipline or area with applied knowledge in either of the following disciplines: estimating, civil, structural, building services engineering, architecture, human resources etc.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of software, and project management systems.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within six months
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 10 October 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.