Process and Governance Consultant
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process and Governance Consultant at Perth Head Office, on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Process and Governance Consultant, you will be responsible for providing advice to internal and business stakeholders to facilitate decision making regarding process and governance matters and providing clear recommendations and business rational (including risk analysis) that supports the effective and efficient implementation of changes to process and or systems that have a direct impact on employees and the business.
This role will also be responsible for managing and supporting, in collaboration with the Team Leader, key functional activities including risk management, document and process management, data governance, security initiatives etc. and to identify where improvement to current or the introduction of new processes and/or systems is required to enable improved efficiencies.
- Support Functional risk and compliance activities and update, as required, the Risk Register and Compliance Plan in collaboration with the Management Team
- Document governance, control and “process ownership” on behalf of the Function for all document management and control activities
- Maintain the document control register, ensuring an effective and efficient end to end control process is established and maintained across the Function including periodic reviews and audits to ensure currency
- Improve document usability through content review with relevant SME’s on structure, formatting, proofreading, and editing as required
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure currency, including where required the technical review and or development of new, functional documentation, ensuring that all documents (including policy, standards, procedures and guidelines) are fir for purpose, managed and conform to Corporate Document management guidelines to mitigate risk
- Supports data stewardship activities as required, and promote the use of the Business Glossary (OneView) to ensure that all definitions and information are aligned to the metrics and definitions framework to ensure consistency in e.g. all reporting, systems etc.
- Where required, supports organisational security activities to ensure the function has an effective security strategy in place that is reviewed on a regular basis in line with the expectations of the Security Council.
- Where required, develop and draft Function communication requirements (e.g. emails / bulletins) to fulfill Functional communication obligations regarding changes to documents, processes etc.
- Ensure quarterly audits of the communication platforms to ensure relevancy and currency
- As required, facilitate workshops, meetings, pilot etc with stakeholders/business groups to clearly scope or test issues have been correctly identified or the value and quality of outcomes required are being delivered to meet the needs of the business
- As required, create, update, or maintain relevant documentation of existing processes using standard Western Power tools (Holocentric)
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Risk Management, HR, Business, or related discipline
- An experienced professional with at least 5+ years’ sound and demonstrated experience in a business / process or governance type role
- Sound knowledge of business process analysis and mapping systems with sound analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining strong working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated expertise in being able to understand complex challenges and mapping solutions
- Prior experience in managing risk, compliance, assurance, and data stewardship activities would be preferred.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 15th December 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.