Application And Finance Officer
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application and Finance Officer at Jandakot, on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Application and Finance Officer you will be required to provide effective and efficient day to day validation of incoming customer works applications and finance administration for issuing quotes and receiving payment for works, liaising with internal and external stakeholders relating to these services. Other responsibilities in this role will include
- Quoting and invoicing across a variety of work types and regulation categories
- Understanding the formation of quotes in DQM and responding to customer and internal queries, including where this relates to the application of cost policy
- Processing customer applications for a variety of work types and customer types and consulting with these customers about the information in their application, including the location of assets, costs, and timing of works
- Providing specialist technical advice in relation to the efficient validation of incoming customer works applications
- Coordinate and assist the team in the absence of the Formal Leader.
- Ensure the most current and accurate information is available in the WADCM, WAPC and all other relevant policies and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for performance improvement
- Establish criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity and service.
- Testing and implementing new systems and business processes
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Completed Year 12 (or equivalent) with English and Mathematics subjects with preferably 4 + years’ experience within preferably a financial management environment or similar
- At least 4 + years of experience in high volume transactional environment preferably in Accounts payable / receivable or operations administration environment
- Experience in call Centre activities such as receiving and handling of customer enquiries.
- Advances use of Microsoft Word, Excel and WPC systems such as Ellipse MIMS, DMS, Notes, etc.
- Customer focus with an attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritise deadlines and work loads
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 7 December 2022.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.