Project Network Officer
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Network Officer at our Narrogin depot, on a permanent full-time basis.
About this role
As the Project Network Officer, you will be required to manage the construction phase of Western Power’s asset driven and customer driven projects. You will also be required to:
- Coordinate or perform complex technical work on Western Power networks.
- Use project management systems and tools to manage work.
- Adhere (and ensure adherence) to all safety strategies, programs and practices.
- Maintain and utilise an up-to-date knowledge of field practices and procedures
- Provide specialist guidance and share technical knowledge and experience to others within the immediate and wider teams.
- Ensure feedback to stakeholders to keep them informed particularly if job not going to plan where appropriate.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Strategic leadership with an ability to motivate for success.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- It is essential that the incumbent possesses a relevant trade, diploma or tertiary qualification
- Best practice experience in the area of project management (such as negotiation, planning, communication, use of initiative and problem solving) with a minimum of 8 years’ extensive experience
- Strong experience dealing with external customers
- Hold all appropriate industry licences or certificates of competency
- Health & Safety knowledge relevant to the electricity supply and construction sector.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 14/12/22
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.