Senior Diversity and Inclusion Consultant
Job Type: Not Specified
About Western Power
Western Power delivers on the changing energy needs of Western Australians, powered by community trust and the passion of our people. We respect and take care of each other, our community and the environment. We are focused on serving our customers and are committed to providing a safe working environment for our people. It is an exciting time in the electricity industry, a time of great change, innovation and opportunity which we embrace and welcome. That’s why we need talented people with passion and ambition to join us.
At Western Power we are committed to safely and efficiently connecting the community with the energy needed to power their lives.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Diversity and Inclusion Consultant on a permanent full time basis to lead the implementation of our diversity and inclusion plan, aligned to Western Power’s people strategy. You will also play a key role in fostering the effectiveness of our D&I employee network groups, DaIC Committee and external partnerships whilst partnering with our Aboriginal Engagement Consultant to achieve the objectives and commitments in our Reconciliation Action Plan.
In this role you will play an integral role in:
- assessing current state and to design and deliver frameworks and initiatives aimed at creating and sustaining an inclusive culture and diverse workforce.
- policy review to ensure Western Power philosophies, policies and related processes are considerate of diverse groups and foster an inclusive culture.
- opportunities to improve process, procedures, and systems to foster a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, particularly in relation to the attraction, retention, and development of underrepresented employees.
- the Diversity and Inclusion Committee (DaIC) to enable the diversity and inclusion plan and effectiveness of the employee network groups.
- being an enabler for Western Power’s employee network groups to amplify the voices of under-represented employees and to achieve their action plans, developed based on the principle of A.C.E (advocate, celebrate, educate).
- Developing, implementing, and tracking metrics which can be used to measure the effectiveness of the diversity and inclusion plan, conducting benchmark exercises to ensure Western Power’s policies are comparable to industry best practice.
- informing of changes in workplace legislation and conducting impact assessments where necessary to oversee Western Power compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Previous experience in a position in DE&I, focused on fostering inclusive workplace culture.
- Broad experience in the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion plans and initiatives.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with established diversity and inclusion expert networks.
- Solid understanding of change management and processes to ensure successful implementation of workplace change and culture transformation.
- Qualifications in Human Resource Management, Organisational Psychology, or related discipline.
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
Like to know more?
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 8 December 2022
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.