Job Type: Not Specified
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
This is a unique and exciting time to be a part of the team at Western Power. We are at the forefront of the energy transition in leveraging existing and new technologies, including microgrid, stand-alone power systems (SPS), battery storage solutions and incorporating increased levels of renewable energy such as roof top solar into the energy system. We're transforming the electricity network ensuring a cleaner, brighter and more resilient energy supply for the next generation.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Business Graduates in Perth on a two-year fixed term contract, to commence mid-2023 or early 2024.
As a Western Power Business graduate, you will acquire a broad understanding of Western Power’s operations through rotational exposure across our business. As part of our two-year program (4 x 6 monthly rotations). Throughout your rotations you will also attain competencies and experience that will position you for rapid advancement as a business professional.
What we’re looking for
To be successful, you’ll have the following skills and attributes: -
- A degree in Economics, Finance and Accounting, Commerce degree with majors in Economics, Procurement or Project Management.
- Enthusiastic approach to learning opportunities, including seeking and accepting feedback to enhance your own development and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and willing to work with a diverse range of people.
- Constructive behaviours in line with Western Power values.
- Motivation and commitment to complete the graduate program.
- Commitment to safety in the workplace.
- Reside in WA and be either an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
What’s it like to work here?
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Australians, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation.
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements.
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance.
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme.
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities.
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per financial year.
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership.
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for then we want to hear from you! To apply for this role please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter.
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to be launching our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan this year. Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
- Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only (including New Zealand Citizens) or those with a valid working visa
- If you are in possession of a current Graduate/Student visa valid for up to three years and your course of study is on the Graduate Occupation list as per the below link, you are able to apply for our graduate program: -
How to apply
- Interested candidates should apply online and submit an up-to-date resume, Cover Letter and Academic Transcript and Degree qualifications (if awarded). Please use the link provided.
- These positions are offered on three-year maximum term contracts.
Please be sure to include the following in your resume:
- Course Weighted Average
- All qualifications received
- All relevant work experiences
- Any extracurricular activities including volunteer work
- Any rewards or recognition received
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within six months of the date of their application.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
To find out more about our graduate program please visit our page on the GradAustralia website https://gradaustralia.com.au/graduate-employers/western-power
Applications close on 14 April 2023