Telecoms Business Operations Officer
Location: Mount Claremont
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Telecoms Business Operational Officer at our Mount Claremont Depot on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Telecoms Business Operational Officer, you will be required to perform specialised office-based systems and administrative business operations support activities including but not restricted to basic telecoms network condition monitoring, basic fault analysis and escalation, site alarms testing and field staff coordination, reporting and process improvement to enable and support to the efficient utilisation of internal and external resources to meet the AWP, legislative requirements, and Western Powers customer charter targets.
We’re seeking someone from within our workforce with experience and attributes that include:
- Completion of Year 12 with English and Mathematics or equivalent demonstrated work experience
- Minimum 5 + years demonstrated specialised experience in an administrative/support position
- Experience and proficiency in computerized office systems
- Experience in cost management, analysis, estimating coordination, reporting and process improvement
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deliver high quality, professional, customer focused business support services
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 29 March 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.