Senior Project Development Specialist
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Development Specialist at our Head Office, on a permanent full-time basis.
About this role
As a Senior Project Development Specialist, you are accountable for project managing all aspects of the planning and scoping phases for complex, high value network projects to meet Western Power’s Corporate Strategy, within a prescribed time frame and budget. There may also be opportunities to work on customer-initiated projects.
Ultimately your work culminates in the preparation of business cases that justify financial investments in the recommended technical solution. Network and customer-initiated projects are becoming more varied to support the achievement of a clean energy future.
Specific activities of the role include;
- Coordinate and lead cross functional joint planning teams in developing cost-effective solutions and robust investment proposals across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensure appropriate financial and risk evaluation of solutions and investment proposals.
- Manage project finances in accordance with underpinning accounting principles, including estimating and forecasting activities.
- Ensure relevant systems are maintained as required to reflect project status, financial information and customer relationship.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring effective and timely decision making and including presentation of a compelling investment case.
- Prepare concise and rigorous documentation to support scope development and investment decisions.
- Mitigate issues and barriers to project development, including appropriate escalation of issues where necessary.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
You will ideally possess the following experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or business-related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in managing and sponsoring projects
- A comprehensive and broad understanding of risk management principles to evaluate competing criteria for ensuring prudent investment decisions
- Demonstrated experience working within an asset management framework and regulatory environment
- Demonstrated track record of bringing together and leading multiple inter-disciplinary teams towards common goals, in a supportive and respectful way
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain excellent internal and external relationships at different levels across a large organisation
- Demonstrated experience in managing and controlling projects finances, including estimating, resourcing and forecasting of cost and timeline
- Superior communication skills, including written skills to construct high level business cases
- Ability to rationalise decisions aligning with corporate strategies and distilling complex information for a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in related tools such as P6 is also desirable
What’s in it for you
With representation from 101 countries, Western Power has a rich, and diverse employee workforce. Through our established Employee Network Groups, we bring our people diversity to life. At Western Power, we strive to build an authentic culture of inclusion and belonging for all.
Our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus 11% Superannuation
- Diverse and Inclusive workforce
- A safe and sustainable workplace with a buddy assignment commitment
- Professional Development opportunities, training, and study assistance
- Flexible work arrangements and required adjustments at recruitment and/or at employment stage
- An award-winning employee recognition programme
- Parental Leave Options
- Purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave per financial year
- Salary Packaging, Social Club, Discounted Health Insurance, Gym Membership discounts
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
Western Power is committed to its Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021-2025 and ensuring that people with disability have the same opportunities as other people to obtain and maintain employment with Western Power.
It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for the role.
Our recruitment process requires all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage to have a current police clearance that’s been issued within the past six months.
Please submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Applications will close on 29 March 2023
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/