Senior Project Delivery Specialist
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Delivery Specialist at Jandakot, Princep Rd on a permanent basis.
About this role
As the Senior Project Delivery Specialist, you will be required to:
- Be accountable for driving and supporting the effective and efficient delivery and successful execution of programs and projects. This will be achieved through the in-depth analysis of the performance of end-to-end delivery, identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement and provision subject matter expert advice and guidance.
- Provide subject matter expertise advice and support in regard to scoping of program and project works to ensure accurate estimates of scope, schedule and cost are achieved to enable best customer outcomes
- Accountable for driving core program and project responsibilities including resource management, customer management, reporting, project governance, project management methodologies and framework and analysis
- Establish the process to enhance program and project management standards and procedures using an expert understanding of best practice to facilitate continual improvement.
- Lead, as required, specialised Joint Planning teams and working groups with a portfolio focus, while building a mindset of continuous improvement and innovation within the area
- Identify and actively manage project assumptions, risks, issues, and dependencies associated with delivery ensuring appropriate mitigation strategies are established and actively managed
- Develop, maintain and drive required governance frameworks and associated processes for Programs and Projects including, Program Management, Resource management, Project management and Contract management.
- Ensure the adoption and conformance of the appropriate program and project management principles, techniques, controls, processes and approaches, aligned to Western Power’s governance frameworks and systems.
- Monitor reporting on the status of Programmes and Projects. Monitor and analyse actual business performance and update data as required.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Broad and extensive knowledge and expertise in portfolio, programme, and project management and or delivery, with experience within government regulated and/or engineering sectors preferred
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining strong working relationships at all levels of an organisation as well as with external suppliers / providers
- A seasoned professional with demonstrated success in developing effective program and project management frameworks
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills, complimented by highly developed influencing skills.
- Ability to align detail orientated tasks with the "big picture" and communicates accordingly.
- Highly developed analytical skills, attention to details and business acumen
- A broad understanding of risk, commercial and compliance management
- Qualified in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Competency in report writing and/or business cases
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 30th March 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.