Senior Distribution Standards Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Senior Distribution Standards Engineer at our Perth Head Office for a 12-month max term contract.
Your role in action:
As the Senior Distribution Standards Engineer you will be accountable for:
- Developing distribution standards, design manuals, and technical specifications for plant and equipment procurement
- Conducting tender evaluations and implementing plant and equipment in the distribution network
- Providing technical subject matter expertise, design advice, guidance, and support to the business stakeholders.
Who are you in action:
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering – essential
- Eligibility for corporate membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- 10 years of electrical utility industry experience in design, construction, operation and maintenance of electrical distribution networks
- In depth knowledge of distribution network plant and equipment componentry, general assemblies, and installation practices
- In depth knowledge of Australian/International Standards, regulatory requirements and industry best practice applicable to the design and construction of the electrical distribution network
- Thorough knowledge of safety in design
- Well-developed written, communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong stakeholder communication and influencing skills
What’s in it for you
With representation from 101 countries, Western Power has a rich, and diverse employee workforce. Through our established Employee Network Groups, we bring our people diversity to life. At Western Power, we strive to build an authentic culture of inclusion and belonging for all.
Our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus 11% Superannuation
- Diverse and Inclusive workforce
- A safe and sustainable workplace with a buddy assignment commitment
- Professional Development opportunities, training, and study assistance
- Flexible work arrangements and required adjustments at recruitment and/or at employment stage
- An award-winning employee recognition programme
- Parental Leave Options
- Purchase up to 4 weeks of additional leave per financial year
- Salary Packaging, Social Club, Discounted Health Insurance, Gym Membership discounts
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
Western Power is committed to its Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021-2025 and ensuring that people with disability have the same opportunities as other people to obtain and maintain employment with Western Power.
It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for the role.
Our recruitment process requires all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage to have a current police clearance that’s been issued within the past six months.
Please submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Applications will close on 31st March 2023.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/