Job Type: Not Specified
This is a unique and exciting time to be a part of the Digital Products team at Western Power. We are at the forefront of the energy transition in leveraging existing and new technologies, including microgrid, stand-alone power systems (SPS), battery storage solutions and incorporating increased levels of renewable energy such as roof top solar into the energy system. We're transforming the electricity network ensuring a cleaner, brighter and more resilient energy supply for the next generation.
We're also working hard on enabling the decarbonisation of the energy system by converting more of our energy consumption to electricity, including electric vehicles (EVs) as well as other initiatives to enable industry sectors to reduce emissions by switching to electricity.
The transition to the energy system of the future is reliant on innovations in digital technology to:
- Monitor, control and operate the network.
- Provide seamless service to our customers and ease connecting to the grid.
- Model, forecast and optimise the design of the network and get the most from our assets.
- Engage with our employees, make work in the field and the office easier and more enjoyable;
- Create efficiencies in our operations while keeping our people in the field, who cover vast distances, connected.
- Manage all aspects of our business for today and hereafter.
This is your opportunity to be part of delivering a greener, more sustainable energy future. We are looking for an experienced, motivated Senior Project Manager who can work in a forward-thinking environment and collaborate with suppliers and our business colleagues. You will join the Digital Operations Product Stream in delivering large, complex, projects across Energy Network Management Systems.
As the Senior Project Manager you will have:
- Proven experience delivering complex IT projects in a multi-sourced environment, building and maintaining high levels of collaboration within project teams including delivery partners and global software vendors.
- Demonstrating leadership in navigating a matrixed environment, with a strong people focus leading a highly talented team deliver on a shared purpose.
- Broad and extensive knowledge and worked as a Project Manager for a minimum of 8 + years with demonstrated experience, in IT and/or business change/transformation environments.
- Working knowledge of contemporary, industry standard project management methodology such as PMBoK or Prince2.
- A successful record of delivering complex, large value, high risk projects within a constrained timeframe.
- High level of business acumen including strategic planning, finance and leadership skills.
- Capability to interact with resources and managers of all levels in a professional manner.
At Western Power, we live and breathe our values. Here’s how Digital Products align...
- Safe & caring – Safety is critical to our business; we are not only passionate about our physical safety, but the psychological safety of our people. We are also keen to drive technology solutions to alleviate risks.
- Results focussed – Our customers and communication are at the core of Western Power’s purpose and digital technology is rapidly changing how we engage and improve our customer experience. We set challenging goals, work hard and hold ourselves accountable to deliver.
- Acting with integrity – Digital Products execute the required work to support the organisation and do the right thing by the people of WA. We build trusted relationships by being open and honest.
- Working together - Teamwork for Digital Products extends well beyond our technology colleagues; we need to understand and collaborate throughout the business and with our external stakeholders for Western Power to meet the needs of our customers.
- Always improving – It’s integral to our success as a business that we always improve; it’s our obligation to continuously do better on behalf of our community. In DP we do this by staying current on new technologies and patterns, sourcing and combining the best thought leadership from our partners and industry experts, evolving the way we deliver products to our customers and the Western Power organisation to ensure we provide efficient and effective systems and services.
Does this sound like a journey you’re keen to be a part of? Express your interest by clicking the ‘apply’ button and sending us your CV.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers & the LGBTQI+ community.
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the positions apply for these roles.
Our recruitment process requires all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage to have a current police clearance that’s been issued within the past six months.
Applications will close on 31 May 2023.