Senior Business Analyst
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst at Power Training Services, Jandakot, on a 14-month Maximum term basis.
About this role
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will be accountable for providing SME technical advice in guiding and supporting business leaders in the identification and definition of the business outcomes required and how they will be achieved to deliver business benefits, which can occur either as part of ongoing business driven continuous improvement or as a result of formal strategy and business planning processes.
This will be achieved through this position providing subject matter expertise and in-depth complex analysis, advice and direction in, among others, gap analysis facilitation and high-level scoping, to enable data driven business decision making, while providing clear recommendations and business rational that supports the achievement of the desired outcomes. You will be required to:
- Provide subject matter expertise and in-depth complex analysis, advice and direction in, among others, gap analysis facilitation and high-level scoping, to facilitate data driven business decision making capabilities
- Facilitates workshops and planning sessions to identify areas and opportunities for improvement aligned towards the strategic direction and objectives of the organisation
- Provides in-depth insights to senior leaders upon possible initiative opportunities and how best to realise improvement which will directly impact on business results and outcomes
- Enables the evolution of high-level solutions to business challenges or opportunities
- Provides support in the development of the high-level initiative success criteria as well as how best to measure improvement (financial and/or non-financial)
- Ensure a ‘whole-of-organisation’ view is taken to each initiative in order to ensure compatibility of the initiative within the overall value chai
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Demonstrated experience managing communications and engagement of high-level business stakeholders
- Formal study, development or qualifications in business, finance, business analysis, risk and / or data analytics / modelling
- Extensive and broad consulting experience of at least 10+ years, including relevant experience working in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Proven ability to work constructively and show leadership in a way that builds teamwork, collaboration and trust
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload to meet required deadlines
- Effective negotiation skills, experience in driving change and able to facilitate collaboration between management stakeholders with differing opinions
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, strong influencing and organisational skills
- Very strong communication and written skills coupled with the ability to influence outcomes, while communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ is desirable
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 29th May 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.