Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant at our Head Office in Perth, on a Full Time Permanent basis.
About this role
As the Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of administrative and office support services and activities to facilitate the timely, efficient, and effective operation of the function and/or manager.
Provision of administration duties including but not limited to; research, document and record management, stakeholder support, diary management, travel bookings, account reconciliation, purchasing of stationery, goods & equipment, and project support. You will also be required to:
- Liaise with relevant business units across the organisation to ensure efficient running of the Function (e.g. IT, Accounts Payable, IKM, Finance etc.)
- Support the day-to-day delivery of projects through provision of administrative activities including but not limited to; research, document and record control and management, stakeholder support, production of reports and presentations etc.
- Act as Functional Records Officer and maintain accuracy of on and off line filing systems including appropriate archiving
- Financial management including raising purchase orders & payment of invoices in Ellipse, credit card reconciliations and petty cash and ensuring relevant cost codes are utilised
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Establish effective working relationships and high standards of customer service
- Produce reports, correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets in a timely and accurate manner, as required
- Provide effective support in the preparation of cyclical and other business reporting requirements (e.g. KPI’s, monthly and quarterly reports)
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Completed Year 12 (or equivalent) with English and Mathematics and / or at least 3 year’s demonstrated general administration experience
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
- Understanding of administrative functions and office practices
- Able to deliver high quality, professional, customer focused administrative services
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 9 June 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.