Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator at Perth Head Office, on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Project Coordinator, you will be required to support effective and efficient project or program delivery outcomes through working with all relevant stakeholders, including project and program managers etc, to successfully manage and ensure the delivery of a portfolio of concurrent projects for both internal and or external customers. To ensure that these projects / initiatives are delivered to agreed criteria, with commercially competitive standards for safety, cost, timeliness, quality, scope and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver projects to the agreed scope, time, and cost without compromising quality, while perform detailed project analysis to support these outcomes.
- Accurately identify stakeholders’ needs, respond with empathy, and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and integrity.
- Assist project and program managers in supporting the budgeting, estimation, scoping and resourcing of projects through the approvals process in accordance with Western Power’s project methodology, standards, processes, and compliance framework.
- Ensure that all project / program documentation is completed appropriately. Analyse project and works performance data (including financials, quality, and schedule data) to advise all relevant stakeholder including project and program managers on optimising performance and delivery of project outcomes.
- Identify project assumptions, risks, issues, and dependencies ensuring appropriate mitigation strategies are established and managed.
- Prepare cyclical project / program reporting (e.g. Status Reports, KPIs, monthly and quarterly reports) using enterprise systems, tools, and templates. Ensure all agreed reports and deliverables are on time and written to a high standard
- Ensure service providers are delivering to milestones as contractually agreed
- Manage, continuously improve, and innovate project / program administrative systems, and provide advice on process and methodology issues
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- A tertiary qualification in project management, business systems or a relevant discipline. (E.g. ICT, Building Services Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture for Real Estate Projects) / HR and / or extensive and demonstrated practical expertise knowledge and industry experience
- Demonstrable capability and experience in program and / or project planning, integration, and communication in a utility industry or similar, with strong attention to detail
- Strong experience in scheduling tools, techniques and business analysis
- Demonstrable capability and experience in relevant project management discipline or area with applied knowledge in either of the following disciplines: estimating, civil, structural, building services engineering, architecture, human resources etc.
- Two years minimum experience in a project office or project management environment in a relevant project management discipline or area with strong experience in planning and scheduling, project reporting, document control and business analysis.
- Experience in stakeholder management, building rapport and gaining consensus.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to be launching our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 2 June 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.