Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Manager at Perth Head Office, on a 12-month Maximum Term basis.
About this role
As the Contract Manager, you are accountable for driving the overall performance of assigned complex / high value construction contracts and for providing subject matter expert contract advice and guidance. This will be achieved through ensuring the application of Western Power’s Contract Management Framework to enable contracts to be delivered to the contractual requirements for safety and environmental compliance, cost, time, quality, delivery and customer satisfaction. You will also be required to:
- To ensure that all contracts are managed in line with Western Power’s Contract Management Framework inclusive of the Procurement Policy and the Contract Management Standard ensuring that the following key activities are undertaken.
- Development of the CMP that meets the contractual requirements in line with the Contract Management Framework,
- Review the Contract Management engagement deliverables including the SHE risks register, scope of work, specifications, drawings and pricing schedules,
- Ensure receipt and approval of the Contractor’s plans in line with the contract,
- Monitor and manage compliance to the Contractor plans including.
- Safety, Environment, Quality, Schedule and Pricing Schedule
- Verify and certify Contractors claims, including Progress, variations and EQT and completing Contractor performance reporting requirements.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Broad and extensive knowledge and expertise and proven understanding of contract management and administration
- At least 5 + years significant contract management experience including high value / highly complex construction contracts
- Degree or equivalent in Business, Law or Commerce
- Contract Management Qualification
- Have strong working knowledge of and the ability to interpret legislation with regards to contract law
- Ability to provide technical leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, complimented by influencing/negotiation skills
- A desire to implement change and innovation, internally and via contract arrangements
- Strong experience in negotiation, conflict resolution and managing public and stakeholder relations.
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels within a corporate environment
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 16th June 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.