Senior Financial Accountant
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant at Perth Head Office on a Permanent Full Time basis.
About this role
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will be accountable for preparing, developing and managing comprehensive financial reporting data and information in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards to deliver Western Power’s external financial reporting requirements including but not limited to statutory, regulatory, general ledger and shareholder reporting and other ad hoc reporting as required. This position will also provide proactive subject matter expertise and comprehensive advice to the business in regard to technical accounting matters to enable decision making. You will be responsible for:
- Preparing, developing and managing comprehensive financial reporting data and information in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards to deliver Western Power’s external financial reporting requirements including but not limited to statutory, regulatory, general ledger and shareholder reporting and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Ensure timely and accurate financial information is received, processed and analysed, providing relevant technical advice, enabling the production of comprehensive financial accounting and reporting.
- Maintains the chart of accounts and general ledger to critically evaluate and recommend solutions to enhance accuracy, relevance and automation of financial information across the business.
- Identify systemic financial issues, recommend solutions and manage initiatives to redesign and continually improve key financial guidelines, systems, processes and internal financial controls to ensure alignment with Western Power’s accounting practices.
- Facilitate and complete month-end and year-end deliverables (e.g. Letters of Representation, external audit preparation etc.) and other Adhoc reporting requirements. This includes month-end and year-end reporting packs and analysis.
- Maintain financial reporting processes and frameworks to ensure data integrity, consistency or presentation and ensure external reporting are prepared in an accurate and timely manner in accordance to set deadlines
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Seasoned professional with at least 10 years’ extensive experience in a public practice or commercial accounting environment
- Tertiary Qualified / Degree in Business, Finance or Commerce
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA), CPA Australia, NIA or equivalent
- In depth subject matter expertise and knowledge of financial accounting processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong influencing capabilities
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 2 June 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.