Senior Distribution Standards Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Distribution Standards Engineer at our Perth Office on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Senior Distribution Standards Engineer you will be accountable for:
- Developing distribution standards, design manuals, and technical specifications for plant and equipment procurement
- Conducting tender evaluations and implementing plant and equipment in the distribution network
- Providing technical subject matter expertise, design advice, guidance, and support to the business stakeholders.
You will ideally possess the following experience and attributes:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering – essential
- Eligibility for corporate membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia – essential
- 10 years of electrical utility industry experience in design, construction, operation and maintenance of electrical distribution networks
- In depth knowledge of distribution network plant and equipment componentry, general assemblies, and installation practices
- In depth knowledge of Australian/International Standards, regulatory requirements and industry best practice applicable to the design and construction of the electrical distribution network
- Thorough knowledge of safety in design
- Well-developed written, communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Strong stakeholder communication and influencing skills
- Ability to prioritise, work unsupervised and meet strict timelines
- Technical training and coaching techniques (desirable).
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 6th June 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.