Technical Compliance Officer
Job Type: Not Specified
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future. Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
About this role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Compliance Officer to join our team at our Jandakot Depot on Prinsep Road, with a move to our brand new, state of the art, South Metro Depot (Forrestdale) facility in the near future. Whilst we are ideally seeking a full-time person (75 hour fortnight), we are open to considering applications from candidates wishing to work flexibly; including part time (minimum of 0.8 FTE) or working from home up to 2 days per week.
If you are you looking for an opportunity to work collaboratively across both internal and external stakeholders to ensure high level customer service provision in relation to planned power outages, and if you enjoy ensuring that information is accurate, compliant and dependable, then this position may suit you.
As the ‘gatekeeper’ of information relating to planned interruption of power supply, this role has oversight of the collection, dissemination and auditing surrounding the process and the compliance with the process. Supported by a team of enablement officers, you will provide technical support and guidance, with the role playing a key part of preventing breaches of the Code of Conduct for the Supply of Electricity to small-use customers. This is particularly critical when it comes to Life Support Equipment customers, so you would be influencing an important impact on our end-users.
This role would be great for someone looking to transition ‘off the tools’, either for future career growth opportunities or for a plan towards retirement.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Strong demonstrated experience in Network operations and construction works, ideally within an electricity distribution or other public utility
- Trade Qualification with a minimum of 5 years post trade experience or Tertiary qualifications in a technical discipline (i.e. Cert 3 / Electrical)
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’
- IT literacy; MS Office, ENMAC, SPIDAWEB, GeoView
- Working knowledge of the techniques and systems associated with distribution switching operations and procedures
- A good understanding of risk and compliance management
- Proven ability to achieve challenging schedule and performance targets
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills in data collection, reporting and analysis
- Strong experience in negotiation, conflict resolution and managing public and stakeholder relations
Joining Western Power
With representation from 101 countries, Western Power has a rich, and diverse employee workforce. Through our established Employee Network Groups, we bring our people diversity to life. At Western Power, we strive to build an authentic culture of inclusion and belonging for all.
Our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- An award-winning employee recognition programme
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 06 June 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.