Project Support Officer
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Support Officer at Kewdale/Forrestdale, on Permanent Full-Time basis.
About this role
As the Project Support Officer, you will be required to provide project and construction management support services to construction teams ensuring a secure supply of materials and services to facilitate the efficient execution of the construction work plan, while undertaking a broad range of administrative duties and general support activities. You will also be required to:
- Make decisions on the procurement of project materials with regard to Western Power’s safety requirements and in accordance with time, cost and quality constraints.
- Support the estimating function for transmission projects encompassing labour and material costing.
- Perform specialist tasks associated with the packaging of transmission projects including minor design, planning, compiling tender documents, account management and customer liaison.
- Provide timely input on the status of critical project issues impacting on Construction Services Section.
- Maintain appropriate, effective and constructive interaction between key stakeholders by providing advice and assistance on construction management issues.
- Establish and manage mutually beneficial working relationships with key service suppliers.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Completion of year 12 with English & Mathematics with relevant industry experience
- Preferably 4 to 5 years’ experience in planning and or coordinating of projects
- Experience with MS Office suite – preferably intermediate expertise in Microsoft applications inclusive of Microsoft Projects
- Good customer focus, stakeholder management, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of procurement, scheduling and cost control for construction projects
- Proven personal effectiveness with business acumen
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’ is desirable
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 16th June 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.