Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Tradesperson at Kewdale Depot, on a permanent full-time basis.
About this role
As an Electrical Tradesperson in our Kewdale Electrical Workshop, you will be required to construct protection and automation panels for substations ready for site installation. This will include planning, building, wiring and quality verification within the Electrical workshop team. You will be participating in construction projects for substations throughout the South West Interconnected Network (SWIN) to assist in maintaining the integrity of the network in a safe, reliable and affordable manner and in accordance with customer requirements and applicable guidelines and regulations.
You will also be required to:
- Participate in pre-job planning to identify risks, hazards and task variables and control measures to ensure safe, reliable and affordable project completion
- Work within a team environment completing a wide variety of works ranging from distribution equipment to transmission asset protection system projects with a focus on high standards of work
- Perform work in a workshop environment, with some opportunities to perform on site tasks whilst providing training and support to our entry level programs and initiatives
- Undertake assigned tasks in accordance with the substation design standards, AS:NZS3000, ESSR and Work Practices Manual
- Possess an understanding of Western Power’s wiring and documentation practices
- Apply good customer relations when working, at all times. Especially where there is direct contact with the project stakeholders
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Certificate III Electro-Technology
- WA ‘A’ Grade Electrical Workers License
- Valid WA ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence to business requirements
- Relevant Network Authorisation including Construction industry white card and Basic Emergency Life Support
- PC Literacy
- Valid High Risk licence class LF
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability and Youth/Age – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2025 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to be launching our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 7th June 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.