Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Administrator at Perth Head Office. This is position is on a permanent full-time basis.
About this role
As the Contracts Administrator you will be required to facilitate the delivery of effective contract administration services to support the objectives of the relevant function, consistent with accepted commercial standards including timelines, quality, and scope and client satisfaction. The role will also require budgeting, forecasting, financial analyses, and tracking of progress claim payments against contracts and relevant contractual control processes. You will also be required to:
- Prepare all contractual documentation and correspondence to contractors and suppliers (local, interstate and overseas)
- Maintaining filing systems, creating files and communicating with Records Management
- Support contractor performances meetings, workshops, agendas, attend as minute secretary, prepare and distribute minutes
- Compile and manage monthly performance reporting for all across the section
- Capture contract benefits during and when contracts are completed and assist with contract close out documentation
- Manage contract extensions and identify contracts for renewal including bank guarantees, defect & liability periods and assist with final certification of completed projects
- Process CVO’s and EOT’s and maintain and update contract registers
- Maintain section contracts, payment and financial management to support Managers
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Completed Year 12 (or equivalent) with English and Mathematics and / or at least 4 years’ experience in the commercial contract management and administration field
- At least 4+ years’ experience in the commercial contract management and administration field and or financial management systems and contract payments including contract variations
- Data management in the context of identifying the required data, maintaining the databases and demonstrating skills to produce reports as required
- Effective work management skills with the ability to implement corrective and proactive measures as required ensuring required service levels are met.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Have a sound knowledge of the general structure and requirements of the AS4000 series of contract conditions
- Contemporary filing systems with particular emphasis on security and retention of contract documentation
- Must be able to apply and maintain effective document control processes in line with Western Power policy
- Must have a working knowledge of the general structure and requirements of the AS4000 series of contract conditions
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 09/06/2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.