Distribution Design Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Design Engineer at our Jandakot depot, on a permanent basis.
About this role
As the Distribution Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Assess technical information, produce and/or check designs and estimates for projects encompassing materials, labour, sub-contract services and costing for work associated with the Distribution Network. This will include the provision of specialist technical information
- Undertaking engineering investigations and to participate in process improvements
- Provide technical support across other work groups
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Document variations to procedures, programmes and processes
- Complete all documentation, ordering of materials, entering and maintaining information in applicable computer systems
- Respond to customer correspondence and answer questions from the general public, various Govt Dept’s and industry
- Ensure compliance with all Western Power standard, quality, legal and contractual requirements as appropriate
- Schedule and plan own daily and weekly allocated work in order to meet agreed targets
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Eligible for corporate membership of The Institution of Engineers, Australia
- At least 4 – 6 years demonstrated engineering experience, preferably in an electrical utility
- Experience in design management
- Sound knowledge of engineering standards, regulations and procedures preferably within a Distribution network environment
- Interaction with others requires understanding, influencing and supporting people, through applying technical knowledge or rational arguments
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 09 Jne 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.