Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer at our Perth Office, on a permanent full-time basis.
About this role
As the Project Engineer you will be accountable for:
- Undertaking engineering project assessments, planning and designs associated with Western Power or third-party facilities connected to the Distribution Network.
- Ensuring the project/design complies with applicable engineering codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Providing timely, optimum design solutions and maintaining technical queries registers during the project lifecycle.
- Producing Bill of Materials for each project and provide technical support during the construction stage.
- Performing data extraction for projects in applicable computer systems to assist with developing project parameters and scope.
- Developing and maintaining technical Scope of Work for outsourced design contracts.
- Provide technical support across the underground power program.
- Responding to key stakeholders (such as Government Departments and Local Government Authorities etc) and customers, on design/project issues for relevant projects.
- Commitment to Safety in the workplace.
- Identifying improvements and variations to procedures, programmes, and processes.
- Continuous improvement and innovation within the team as well as developing and improving own personal effectiveness.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related engineering discipline
- Eligible for corporate membership of The Institution of Engineers, Australia.
- At least 4 to 5 years demonstrated experience in an engineering discipline, preferably within a utility engineering company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills relating to engineering project work.
- Knowledge of the interactions of related disciplines impacting on distribution design, including civil/structural issues and environmental issues.
- Sound knowledge of distribution construction practices and processes.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to engage with external consultant and stakeholders
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 25 September 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.