Distribution Scheduling Program Mgmt Team Leader
Job Type: Not Specified
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Program Management Team Leader within our Distribution Scheduling Team, on a permanent full-time basis.
This role is based at our brand-new state-of-the-art South Metro Depot in Forrestdale, conveniently located next to Tonkin Highway. Spanning across 120,000 square meters, the depot offers an excellent on-site café, shuttle bus to-and-from the Cockburn Train Station, end of trip facilities including secure bicycle storage and freshening up rooms. With the latest infrastructure and technology, the depot empowers all employees to create that perfect work-life balance whilst operating in an inclusive and diverse workplace.
About this role
As the Distribution Program Management Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading and developing a team of Distribution Scheduling professionals, who are accountable for the optimal delivery of a high-volume Distribution program of assigned work bundles and/or projects.
This is to be achieved through providing technical leadership and advice to the team and ensuring consistency with business strategy, within set budgets and time constraints while meeting overall stakeholder expectations.
This leadership role is critical to ensuring clear expectations are set and that the team is held accountable for the required outcomes, quality, delivery, and stakeholder satisfaction.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Professionally qualified in project or program management (e.g., PgMP, MSP).
- Degree qualified in relevant focus areas (e.g., business administration, project/program management, contract management or engineering.) or Trade qualified coupled with Diploma Frontline Management and significant relevant industry experience.
- Extensive experience in managing teams of up to 20 multi-disciplined professional employees with superior and strong organisational and technical leadership skill and proven program/project management experience as well as a detailed understanding of business issues.
- Extensive program and project management knowledge and experience, preferably within an engineering and/or construction environment, including a high-level understanding of technical concepts that contribute to delivering the desired project outcomes.
- Proven ability to successfully manage health, safety, and environment requirements.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships within a corporate environment.
- An understanding of risk and compliance management and its application in the business.
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and experience of scoping, scheduling and reporting tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to produce high quality outputs and present complex concepts.
- At least 10 years Project and Program management technical experience preferably within an electrical or utilities environment.
- Interaction with others is primarily concerned with influencing, developing, and motivating people and changing behaviour.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
With representation from 101 countries, Western Power has a rich, and diverse employee workforce. Through our established Employee Network Groups, we bring our people diversity to life. At Western Power, we strive to build an authentic culture of inclusion and belonging for all.
Our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration, benefits and allowance;
- A safe and sustainable workplace;
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team via OperationalTalent@westernpower.com.au for any enquiries.
Applications close on 29 September 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.