Senior Technical Planning Specialist
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Planning Specialist on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
This role is based at our brand-new state-of-the-art South Metro Depot in Forrestdale, conveniently located next to Tonkin Highway. Spanning across 120,000 square meters, the depot offers an excellent on-site café, shuttle bus to-and-from the Cockburn Train Station, end of trip facilities including secure bicycle storage and freshening up rooms. With the latest infrastructure and technology, the depot empowers all employees to create that perfect work-life balance whilst operating in an inclusive and diverse workplace.
About this role
As the Senior Technical Planning Specialist, you will be required to plan and coordinate complex transmission work with relevant stakeholders within Western Power. This will be achieved through ensuring network outages are coordinated and optimised and in-depth technical review of scope of works are performed within various transmission programs across both CAPEX and OPEX work streams to identify potential network clashes.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Construction Management, Project Management or relevant discipline
- Substation Entry Level A
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in planning/running and or coordinating complex work programs.
- Minimum combined 8+ years onsite management and project management experience, preferably with Transmission Substation electrical work involving major network outages
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Transmission Network assets and work practices.
- Ability to interpret Substation Civil and Electrical Drawings
- Excellent analytical, prioritisation and problem solving skills.
- Interaction with others is primarily concerned with influencing, developing and motivating people and changing behaviour.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Capable of interacting with managers and stakeholders of all levels in a professional manner
- Sound understanding of resource planning across multiple discipline i.e.:
- Primary and Secondary electrical construction, commissioning and maintenance
- DC System
- SCADA system
- Civil / Structural construction
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office suite, Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 26 September 2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.