Senior Employee Relations Consultant
Job Type: Not Specified
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Employee Relations Consultant at our Perth Office on a permanent full time basis.
About this role
As Senior Employee Relations Consultant, you will play a pivotal role in partnering with HR and the business to provide specialist advice and guidance on a range of ER matters.
Working as part of a small team of ER professionals in a dynamic and fast paced environment, you will support the ER Team Leader with the development and implementation of employee relations strategies including in relation to upcoming Enterprise Agreement negotiations.
Your role will involve:
- Providing expert technical advice, support and guidance to the broader HR team and the business in managing complex ER matters
- Undertaking detailed research and actively participating in the formulation and negotiation of union enterprise agreements.
- Utilising strong negotiation skills as part of the negotiation team and actively participate in negotiations.
- Ensuring ER practices are compliant with industrial instruments and legislation
- Effectively and efficiently address employee and union grievances, disputes and conflicts in a prompt and professional manner
- Providing advice and interpretation on industrial instruments and legislation
- Tertiary qualifications in HR/IR, Law or related discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage and build productive working relationships at all levels of the organisation and external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in employee relations and/or human resource management, including experience negotiating enterprise agreements and resolving union and employee disputes
- Extensive, broad and demonstrated industry knowledge and expertise of the current industrial landscape (industrial laws, dealings with unions).
- Experience working in a large organisation within an ER role in a highly unionised environment.
- Ability to identify strategic ER/HR related issues, think laterally and apply analytical, qualitative and research skills to develop appropriate ER strategies
Why work with us?
- Competitive salary + 11% Superannuation
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance.
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits program.
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce.
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year.
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, discounted health insurance and gym membership
Our commitment to Diversity
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
How to Apply
Submit your application and be added to our Talent Pools by clicking the ‘apply’ button, if you have the skills and are committed to our values… we will find a place for you!
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Applications close on 11 October 2023.
If a succesful candidate is found prior to the above close date, the advert will be closed.