Senior Transmission Lines Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you want to deliver work that truly matters to our community?
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We Currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transmission Lines Engineer at our Perth CBD Office, on a permanent basis.
About this role
As the Senior Transmission Lines Engineer you will be required to:
Provide engineering design solutions for complex transmission line and cable projects to achieve optimal customer outcomes. Also provide technical leadership and guidance to internal staff and the wider Western Power community on transmission lines and cables engineering.
- Take responsibility for projects requiring experienced professional know-how, with little immediate direction.
- Conduct professional review of project results and drive improvements in the quality and competitiveness of line designs.
Organisation, Planning & Resources
- Plan and coordinate activities to achieve the results and standards expected.
- Set priorities for your own work and other contributors. Assist the Team Leader in balancing resources and assessing project priorities.
- Provide extensive mentoring and coaching on line design both within the section and to the wider Western Power community.
- Ensure all work is completed within budgetary parameters and to required quality standards.
- Take responsibility for identifying and organising your own professional development needs and opportunities.
Standards & Systems
- Lead the work output of a project team, ensuring that all transmission line design work is to the defined standard.
- Lead the development of standard designs for transmission line engineering components and drive continuous improvement.
- Perform root cause problem solving in engineering standards and methods, and solve underlying problems in processes or procedures.
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team. Coordinate activities and anticipate issues such that the overall output of the project team meets expectations.
- Proactively assess and communicate risks where decisions have a potential impact on others.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions or conflicting priorities on stakeholders and customers. Apply sound judgement in acting on alternative solutions or approaches.
Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Target business benefits and improved outcomes for customers, proactively driving solutions to fruition.
- Develop innovative methods or processes in transmission line and cable design.
- Provide leadership to others to ensure the root causes of design problems are identified and improvements are standardised across the section and other parts of Western Power where relevant
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Tertiary qualification in either Electrical Engineering or Civil/Structural Engineering – essential
- Eligible for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia – essential
- Extensive experience in electrical overhead line and underground cable engineering at transmission voltages of 132kV or above.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a utility networks design business.
- Extensive technical experience in a network business associated with the design and construction of Transmission Lines facilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and critically assess own performance essentials.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to escalate risks and issues on Transmission line projects.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part time work, flexible working hours and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits programme
- Access to five Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, and People with Disability – which celebrate and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connect diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to have launched our Innovate RAP in Mar 2022 (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Applications close on 28/09/2023
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.