Cyber Security Risk Analyst
Job Type: Not Specified
This is a unique and exciting time to be a part of the Cyber Security team at Western Power. We are at the forefront of the energy transition in leveraging existing and new technologies, including microgrid, stand-alone power systems (SPS), battery storage solutions and incorporating increased levels of renewable energy such as roof top solar into the energy system. We're transforming the electricity network ensuring a cleaner, brighter and more resilient energy supply for the next generation.
We're also working hard on enabling the decarbonisation of the energy system by converting more of our energy consumption to electricity, including electric vehicles (EVs) as well as other initiatives to enable industry sectors to reduce emissions by making the switch.
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security Risk Analyst who is passionate about protecting the safe & reliable supply of electricity to the West Australian community. The successful candidate will be working in a forward-thinking environment that is accelerating the adoption of innovative digital capabilities to deliver on strategic objectives. This is a permanent, full-time position based in our Perth CBD office.
Where we’re at:
Our newly formed Cyber Security Risk team, will play a pivotal part in delivering and continuously improving risk management and assurance activities that will have a direct impact on securing Western Australia’s critical infrastructure as we embark on a once-in-a generation energy transition.
Our Cyber Security function was recently established to provide whole-of-business leadership in maturing our cyber risk management capability. We’re currently focused on embedding our ‘cyber foundations’ – by ensuring highly effective key controls and practices are in place to bolster our ability to detect and respond to cyber threats.
The continued focus on uplifting our cyber security capability will be driven through:
- Proactively managing our cyber security risks to build trust with our stakeholders (internal and external)
- Fostering a culture that embraces cyber security to combat cyber threats
- Embedding a ‘secure‐by‐design’ approach to enable our business to innovate securely
- Getting ‘the basics’ right to prevent and mitigate attacks with foundational security measures
- Continuing to strengthen our ability to rapidly detect and respond to evolving cyber risks and manage accordingly.
As a Cyber Security Risk Analyst at Western Power, you will:
- Be responsible for providing technical advice and guidance for the effective management of cyber security risk across Western Power, including consultation with various stakeholder groups to establish and review key cyber-security risk exposures
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to develop appropriate risk treatment strategies and provide cyber-security risk management strategic advice to support the business
- Interpret dynamic threat and vulnerability information to ensure Western Power’s cyber security risk management strategy and activities are informed and effective
- Maintain guidelines, standards and processes assigned to cyber security threat, vulnerability and risk management, including vulnerability management, threat profile and risk identification and management
- Lead the implementation of the audit / assurance programme to support Western Power’s cyber-security objectives
- Conduct regular threat briefings to engage asset custodians, process and control owners ensuring cyber-security risks are understood and actioned accordingly.
We’re looking for an individual with skills and attributes including:
- Sound professional experience and knowledge with at least 5+ years in risk management
- Knowledge and experience of cyber security risk management framework/s
- Strong planning, analytical and organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, communication, facilitation, negotiation, influencing and advisory skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in risk management or cyber security related discipline e.g. Risk Management, Cyber Security, Information Management or other relevant academic degree. A professional qualification or accreditation relating to cyber security risk management (i.e. CISSP, GICSP) would be desirable
- Quantitative risk analysis skills including spreadsheet modelling would be advantageous.
This is your opportunity to be part of securing Western Australia’s critical infrastructure – safeguarding our journey to a greener, more sustainable energy future.
Does this sound like a journey you’re keen to be a part of? Express your interest by clicking the ‘apply’ button and sending us your CV.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers & the LGBTQI+ community.
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the positions apply for these roles.