Job Type: Not Specified
There’s never been a better time to join the energy industry! At Western Power we’re working towards our vision for a clean energy future and we’re looking for diverse, passionate people to join our team of world leading experts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a DC Technician within our Transmission Operations Team, on a permanent full-time basis.
This role is based at our brand-new state-of-the-art South Metro Depot in Forrestdale, conveniently located next to Tonkin Highway. Spanning across 120,000 square meters, the depot offers an excellent on-site café, shuttle bus to-and-from the Cockburn Train Station, end of trip facilities including secure bicycle storage and freshening up rooms. With the latest infrastructure and technology, the depot empowers all employees to create that perfect work-life balance whilst operating in an inclusive and diverse workplace.
About this role
As the DC Technician you will be required to be accountable for providing subject matter expertise and guidance for direct current (DC) systems and associated primary and secondary assets for Transmission Operations – Substation Construction, Workshop & DC, as well as Operational and Strategic Asset Management Groups within Operations. You will also be responsible to provide expert technical, support, advice, training and project coordination for DC Systems and associated primary and secondary assets.
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Current A Grade Electrical Workers License – essential
- A minimum of 10 years comprehensive and broad demonstrated technical experience in the Networks business, including appropriate industry licences or certificates of competency
- A diploma or tertiary qualification in electrical/electronic engineering - essential (if experience criteria is not met)
- Hold all appropriate industry licences or certificates of competency especially within DC
- Have prior experience in coordination and technical supervision of others
- Sound knowledge of standards and regulations applicable to transmission assets
- Sound knowledge of other disciplines associated with transmission facilities, including substation, protection, SCADA, communications.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and provide technical leadership
- Demonstrated ability in applying continuous improvement methodologies
- Must have high level report writing skills and be able to communicate at all levels
- Good communication skills and customer focus
- MS Office systems, Word, Excel and/or Access. ELLIPSE/MIMS and scheduling/work management systems.
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
With representation from 101 countries, Western Power has a rich, and diverse employee workforce. Through our established Employee Network Groups, we bring our people diversity to life. At Western Power, we strive to build an authentic culture of inclusion and belonging for all.
Our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration, benefits and allowance;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- An award-winning employee recognition programme
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021 - 2027 and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power. It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
Join us and play a part in powering the future of Western Australia.
To find out more about us please visit https://www.westernpower.com.au/about/
Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team via OperationalTalent@westernpower.com.au for any enquiries.
Applications close on 3 October 2023.
Submit your application by clicking the ‘apply’ button.