Job Type: Full time
It’s our mission to build a world that communicates more humanly. Since 2001, we’ve been delivering innovative and powerful communication solutions. Today, we’re a communication intelligence company applying powerful machine intelligence and carefully developed algorithms to deliver effective human engagement at scale even when we are not face to face — all guided by our values of Listening, Respect, Innovation, and Passion.
Our customers use Whispir to communicate across multiple channels from SMS to email, to dynamic landing pages, voice and more – all easily configured to meet their specific needs. All of our customers benefit from our low code – no code platform and powerful APIs. Our promise is to deliver a platform capable of achieving the world’s highest engagement rates.
About the Position
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Platform engineer to assist in support and optimisation of our globally expanding on-premise and AWS presence, with a record of building & maintaining high performance, resilient systems. With the role to commence July 1st 2023, the successful applicant will be working in a growing, Agile DevOps environment dedicated to our cross-channel cloud communications software.
The role represents an opportunity to make a difference across our organisation. The role spans a wide variety of tasks each week and month, which are likely to include;
- Design, build, and maintain platform infrastructure and services that support our products on AWS through infrastructure as code.
- Design and build platform solutions optimised for Reliability, Security, Compliance, Resilience and Scalability.
- Collaborate with Platform engineering team members and other areas of the business to automate infrastructure provisioning, scaling, and maintenance tasks.
- Understand and solve business needs at scale with high-quality solutions
- Implement, build and deploy workflow automation to support continuous integration and deployment
- Collaborate with our InfoSec team to implement security best practices for AWS and platform services
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other team members
- Setup, configure and deploy network and infrastructure, including hardware and virtual machines in on premises and AWS environments
- Participate in on-call rotation for incident response, diagnosis and resolution
Even if you don't meet this criteria perfectly but believe you have lots to bring to the role, we encourage you to apply. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap - you don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
- Experience building & operating highly reliable distributed systems in a cloud environment like AWS
- Experience in cloud-native networking, identity, and security services.
- Experience deploying large scale cloud platform architectures across multiple cloud service accounts using IAC tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, etc
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Bash, Perl and similar
- Expertise with version control, continuous integration, continuous deployment and related tools, including Jenkins, Buildkite, Git, ArgoCD
- Experience with observability platforms such as Sumologic and Newrelic
- Proficient with relational Databases (RDS, PostgresSQL)
- Experience with container creation, management, deployment and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in management of Linux operating systems
- Proven troubleshooting skills, with a strong focus on root cause analysis and remediation
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, developing, and evolving environment, with changing structures and procedures.
Why We Think You Will Love Working at Whispir
- Totally flexible working hours because you know how to get the most out of your day
- Birthday paid leave
- Parental leave
- Employee referral program
- Perkbox launching soon!
Whispir is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180: Whispir Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Diversity & Inclusion
Whispir places a high value on inclusion. Those from under represented communities are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is definitely not limited to, people with a lived-experience of mental ill health, culturally and linguistically diverse people, LGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
We take our core values seriously and work hard to create an environment where you feel welcomed. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background help us to create a healthy & inclusive working culture
If this has resonated with you, we look forward to hearing from you soon!