Electrician - Maintenance Underground
Job Type: Full time
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
About The Role
Our Narrabri site is seeking highly motivated and experienced Underground mining Electricians to join the team, this is an outstanding opportunity to work for a leading Australian Coal Mining company.Narrabri Longwall is fully automated, utilising some of the most advanced technology in Australia. With a relocation package on offer we would love to have you come and join our community.
What You’ll Do
- Undertake and direct maintenance activities on shift as needed
- Work collaboratively with your crew members, assisting where required and be a positive influence in high performance behaviour in the workplace
- Support site HSEC policy and procedures, following safe work procedures as set out for the work process
- Inspection of the work area and plant for hazards, damage and defects
- Completion of all necessary statutory equipment inspections in your panel.
What You’ll Bring
- Electrical Trade Qualification / license
- Minimum 12 months experience working in an underground mine and heavy equipment
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to safety
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled team environment
- Ability to work rotating shifts – day, night and afternoon
Why Whitehaven Coal?
- Good Roof Conditions |Top of Range Equipment
- Career Development, Mentorship and Coaching
- Full Relocation Packages
- Access to Salary Packaging Including Novated Leasing
- Salary Sacrifice Opportunities
- Bonus Scheme + $1k Company Shares
- Employee Referral Scheme - $3000 for Successful Referrals!
- 26 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.