Reward. Opportunity. Recognition.
There’s so much more to Whitehaven than your everyday mining job.
We are Australia’s leading producer of premium quality coal, which powers modern high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations in the Asian region.
We offer diverse opportunities where you can aim high and grow your career.
We value our teams, and provide industry-leading benefits, including lucrative incentive schemes, excellent paid parental leave, relocation packages, learning and development programs and more.
Our culture is based on our Values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence, and when you step onto one of our sites, you’ll sense this.
How we foster diversity and inclusion
We believe in equality for all and recognise the importance of embedding diversity and inclusion into everything we do. From our leaders and employees to our community and our suppliers, we consciously act to enable equal opportunity, by:
- Using a recruitment process designed to eliminate unconscious bias and welcome candidates traditionally underrepresented in mining, including shortlisting females for all senior roles.
- Offering an industry leading parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave plus super for primary caregivers, two weeks plus super for secondary caregivers, and super contributions for the unpaid portion of an employee’s parental leave.
- Providing women’s leadership development and mentoring programs for senior and emerging talent.
- Being a platinum sponsor of Women in Mining NSW and participating in its Mentoring Program
- Offering a domestic and family violence policy with 10 days paid leave
- Implementing our indigenous engagement strategy, including employment and procurement targets and cultural awareness programs
Whitehaven Coal offers competitive pay and benefits, including:
- relocation packages,
- industry-leading paid parental leave,
- salary sacrifice arrangements, such as novated leases and remote area housing benefits,
- learning and development opportunities,
- study assistance,
- performance-based incentives,
- company share plans, and
- retail discounts.