Group Manager - Operational Technology
Job Type: Full time
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
About The Role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Group Manager - Operational Technology to join Whitehaven!
The Group Manager - Operational Technology (OT) is charged with providing visionary OT leadership, including the formulation and execution of OT strategies and forecasts. This role requires a profound understanding of OT, the ability to develop, maintain, and continually refine our OT strategies and roadmap, and the capacity to collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and innovation.
As the Group Manager - Operational Technology, you will guide and mentor team members, instilling a culture of continuous learning and growth. Additionally, you will cultivate and maintain robust relationships with OT vendors and suppliers, ensuring that the company's needs are met promptly and efficiently.
This role can be based in either Newcastle or Gunnedah and involves regular site visits and travel for 2-5 days at a time, as an essential part of the role.
What You’ll Do
- Lead evaluation and recommend appropriate OT hardware, software and systems solutions to support the company’s growth and operational needs.
- Manage the implementation of key OT solutions within our operational sites.
- Collaborate with IT security and operational personnel to develop and implement robust OT cybersecurity measures ensuring the protection of critical infrastructure and sensitive data.
- Identify opportunities to improve OT support including the management of multiple OT Vendor support providers.
- Ensure you stay up to date with the latest trends and developments in OT, ensuring the company remains on track with technology deployments to benefit our operations whilst ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards, regulations and legal requirements.
- Influence and drive the future use of automation, production technology, OT systems, and safety technology within Whitehaven Coal.
- Develop an OT roadmap to assist with Whitehaven’s forecasting and financing goals.
What You’ll Bring
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Strong systems and technology skills and qualifications.
- Additional tertiary business or project management qualification is an advantage.
- 10+ years technology experience in technology within the industry or mining sector.
- Relevant experience with automation in the mining industry.
- Familiarity with technology systems and network architecture.
- Strong stakeholder management skills including balancing the needs of localised OT and Corporate IT requirements.
- Experience with budgets, forecasting and cost tracking.
- Knowledge on data acquisition methods, tools and data analytics including databases and Power BI.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Why Whitehaven Coal?
- Opportunities for career development, mentorship and coaching.
- Flexible work options.
- Relocation packages to the scenic Gunnedah region.
- Be part of an Australian-owned industry leader.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Employee referral scheme - $3000 for successful referrals!
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.