Administration Assistant - Gunnedah CHPP Washery
Job Type: Full time
Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. With a culture based on our values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Value and Excellence, our reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations continues to grow.
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administration Assistant to join the Whitehaven Coal CHPP team. Based at our Gunnedah Washery site, the Administration Assistant is accountable for providing high level administrative and clerical support to enable the smooth operation of within the Production, Maintenance and Health, Safety and Training departments. This is a local role in the Gunnedah region. You are required to live locally or relocate to the area.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure accurate Input of accounting and training information into Pulse
- Process and reconcile all Whitehaven accounts and input for payment
- File commercial correspondence / information accurately
- Support the Operations Manager with administrative and clerical assistance
- Provide cover/support for accounts payable, payroll and purchasing during leave/busy periods, with data entry of invoicing and timesheets
- Liaison with contractors to support site entry and engagement
- Provide general admin assistance to the site
- Manage meeting rooms, order stationery and PPE, book accommodation, travel and catering
- Have clerical and administration experience and ideally possess qualifications in Office Administration – Cert III or IV
- MS Office experience and or TAFE training courses
- High attention to detail
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Basic accounting principles (e.g. payroll, accounts payable and receivable)
- Experienced in the use of Pulse Software highly regarded
Why Whitehaven Coal?
- Career development, mentorship and coaching
- Full relocation packages available for successful applicants to the Gunnedah region
- Access to salary packaging including novated leasing
- Salary sacrifice opportunities
- Employee referral scheme - $3000 for successful referrals!
To be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.