Senior Manager PR and Media Relations (871666)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
To deliver and lead the consumer public relations program aligned to the marketing strategy and calendar of activity for the Woolworths Food Group (Supermarkets , Woolworths Food Company, Metro). Supporting the Director Group Brand and the Head of Media Relations in the delivery of ongoing positive messaging around the Woolworths Food Group, aligned with the key customer priorities that help deliver outcomes against all components of the business strategy.
- Lead the delivery of the Media and Public Relations and influencer engagement strategies for the Woolworths brand within Woolworths Group (Key businesses: Woolworths Supermarkets, Woolworths Food Company, Woolworths Metro)
- Be the agile lead from the Woolworths Group PR and Media Relations Chapter across the Woolworths brand squads, working closely with the Director, Woolworths brand in formulating earned media activity to deliver on the brand strategy.
- Be at the forefront of innovative and creative news idea generation to maximise opportunities for the Woolworths brand via earned media channels
- An key senior leader within the Woolworths Group PR and Media Relations Chapter, supporting the delivery of media enquiries where required. Also support with out of hours media Press office phone/
- Ensure messaging and activity across earned media activity delivers against the business strategy and differentiates Woolworths from key competitors.
- Foster key relationships with consumer and lifestyle media and influencers (eg editors/journalists) who have the ability to impact customer, business and community perceptions of the Woolworths brand.
- Lead management of external consumer PR agency partners (min. 2) in delivery of activity as per briefs and plans - this includes financial management and flagging of approvals to Head of Media & PR.
- Act as manager for the PR and Media Relations chapter team members also working to deliver against the Woolworths brand strategy.
- Act as a trusted source for internal stakeholders and senior leadership, offering recommendations and counsel.
- Drive accountability, provide leadership and direction as trusted media and PR counsel to key stakeholders.
What you bring to the role
- Public Relations and Media Engagement experience - agency or in-house
- Strong Australian consumer / lifestyle media contacts
- PR, Community experience with big consumer facing brands
- Led end-to-end creative ideas for consumer brands
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deliver results within strict deadlines, including practical knowledge and experience working within the national 24-hour media cycle
- Financial acumen
- Superior writing skills, particularly on short deadlines
- Ability to contribute to the development of overall communications strategy, key short, medium and long term communications plans
- At least 8-10 years experience in PR - media, influencer and social media engagement
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.