Senior Insurance Analyst (894230)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Insurance Analyst to join the Group Treasury team on a permanent full-time basis. Reporting into the Assistant Treasurer, Balance Sheet & Insurance, you will join an innovative and rapidly changing business. Working from our Norwest office, this role allows flexible hybrid work arrangements.
Day-to-day support in relation to the management of the insurable risks program:
- Compiling insurance submissions, and supporting the claims process
- Management of the Group's incident notification and claims, including providing incident information and proof of damage and managing the financial loss workstreams.
- Analysing and interpreting claims data to produce reports identifying total cost of risk
- Managing general insurance related projects such as property surveys, including reporting and project management
- Supporting the risk retention vs transfer strategy to align with market opportunities and requirements of the business. This includes supporting the underwriting process, claims management and administration of WOW’s captive insurer
Day-to-day support in relation to the financial management of the self-insurance program: Self-Insurable areas such as, workers compensation, public liability & any other risk which may be identified and is effectively self-insured or where a decision is made to self-insure
- Compiling insurance and actuarial submissions, overseeing the balance sheet position and addressing risks and opportunities
- Provide analysis and inputs required in preparation of WOW’s half-yearly and full year reporting, including actuarial valuation of the WOW’s self-insurance liabilities, including relevant Board reporting
- Management of annual information lodgment with state regulators and organisation of bank guarantees and surety bonds required by regulators
- Managing self-insurance related projects, including reporting and project management
Supporting the preparation of the annual budget for insurable and self-insurable programs and overseeing the balance sheet provision and addressing risks and opportunities
Act as an administrator for the Group's banking platform and Treasury systems
- Support projects and initiatives such as process improvements, system implementations and upgrades and connectivity with new platforms or file format changes
Broad stakeholder management across core daily responsibilities
- Tertiary qualifications in insurance, risk management, finance or related field
- Corporate experience (3-5 years +), ideally from an insurance, actuarial or finance background
- Hands on experience with Treasury systems (ideally including banking platforms, SAP, GTreasury, Exigo) (desired but not essential)
- Strong understanding of financial risk frameworks and financial concepts
- General knowledge of financial and insurance markets, including accounting concepts (desired but not essential)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Problem solving abilities & agile mindset
- Strong project management skills
- Strong data manipulation, modelling and analysis skills, with a focus on generating insights and decision support
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.