Employee Relations Case Specialist (895794)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
- Hybrid working arrangements on offer
- Sydney based opportunity, but open to other states
- 12 month Parental Leave contract
The ER Case Specialist role supports the business with support and advice on all levels of ER case management and investigation services to Woolworths business units and Group Functions. While this role reports to the ER Capability Lead (Manager), it is largely autonomous, and therefore requires an experienced specialist.
Whilst bringing to life our company values of “team first culture” and “we care deeply”, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting end-to-end investigations in a variety of challenging ER cases
- Preparing documents and responses for matters before the Fair Work Commission and other tribunals
- Representing the Woolworths Group at conciliations and dispute matters in the Fair Work Commission and other tribunals.
- Managing complex matters involving ill and injured team members.
- Providing leaders with recommendations and advice in relation to legislation, policies, and procedures
- Assisting in the delivery of training and education sessions to build leader capability
- Providing general advice and ER support to the business and ER Advisors within the team
WOWpeople are great people. Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do. If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, and our business then we ought to connect.
Together with experience in a similar role, we are seeking the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in employment/labour law through an HR or ER/IR role
- Previous experience conducting end-to-end investigations in a variety of complex matters from grievances through to bullying, harassment, fraud or misconduct cases
- Experience with conciliations and dispute matters in the Fair Work Commission
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage competing time-sensitive priorities
- Strong communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- A personable and warm approach with the ability to quickly build strong working relationships
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- Hybrid working arrangements that will help you thrive
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super
- Be led and work with incredible leaders
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across BIG W and Woolworths
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Get your Woolies worth through team member benefits across all of our brands
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au. #work180 #LI-Hybrid