Micro Space Optimisation Analyst (905924)
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
Micro Space Optimisation Analyst
Are you passionate about data & curious to understand customer behavior and its links to commercial outcomes? If you are an analyst who gets excited at the opportunity to experiment with customer data for Retail? This role might be just for you
- Newly created roles to support the delivery of a key strategic initiative in improving the shopper experience
- Drive a store-specific space and range proposition that are unique to our customers needs.
- 12-month fixed term contract with a view to extending
- True hybrid & flexible work arrangements with collaborative workspaces in Bella Vista & Surry Hills
Tailoring our product offer to every community we serve across Australia is a key strategic initiative. As we continue to differentiate our brand, our Micro Space team continues to introduce new capabilities and data-driven innovation to offer the best localised product range within in-store displays.
We work closely with key Commercial Managers, Buying partners, Operations, Ranging Analytics, and Micro Space Optimisation teams and ultimately provide front-line analysis to enable great customer outcomes to suit their demographics, needs and expectations.
About the Role
As part of a highly innovative and collaborative Micro Space Optimisation team, you will play a lead role in the continued space optimisation of products within planograms.
Supporting the merchandiser, you will inform a merchandise vision and multi-year strategy for categories through use of data and insights, product merchandising & leveraging of technology. You will initiate information gathering & lead proactive conversations that enable our team to unlock opportunities in regards to Merchandising, which will support the commercial teams range decisions.
Working alongside the Merchandisers, you will be responsible to:
- Partner with Merchandisers, Category Managers and key commercial stakeholders to support, identify and offer solutions to enable efficiency and store specific range through Planogram generator capability
- Provide key analysis into performance and outputs of categories, explaining specific outcomes including articulating operational metric performance
- Gathering of insights and data, demonstrating strong analytical rigour that inform and influence the current merchandise opportunities within a category strategy through product merchandising
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities that will improve our customer experiences and operational efficiencies
- Thinking outside the box, pushing the technical capability of Planogram Generator to challenge existing methods of space optimisation, advancing our Range & Space tool capability and exploring new opportunities to deliver a store specific range and space offer
You are currently a curious Analyst with a passion for customer insights who is looking to take on a new challenge that requires expertise in driving and delivering results.
You will have proven experience in interpreting data and deriving actionable insights to make customer-focused & commercially-viable recommendations.
You adapt to new situations, and know-how to maximise value, sometimes, with limited information and inputs.
Experience in commercial, FMCG or retail is highly desired, but not strictly required.
- 2-3 years experience in relevant roles (eg: insights analyst, merchandise analyst, category analyst, category executive, sales analyst, account executive)
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related subject or equal professional experience
- You have clear analytical thinking, with the capability of breaking information into component parts, patterns and relationships. Capable of interpreting data and deriving actionable insights for short and long-term strategies
- You demonstrate a track record in proactive stakeholder management ability with good communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to translate technical concepts into business language
- You are a confident communicator and storyteller; with strong visualisation, verbal and written skills
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.