Senior Data Analyst - Pricing (905885)
Job Type: Full time
Senior Data Analyst - Pricing
Are you passionate about turning data into actionable insights?
We're looking for someone to help our customers "Get Their Woolies Worth". If you're a superstar data analyst and are interested in joining Australia's number 1 brand to help our 24 million customers unlock more value each time they shop with us, this might be the role for you!
- Play an instrumental role in delivering the best price & range offer to our customers
- Be a part of a ‘Customer first’ culture & provide a customer lens to decision making
- Hybrid work arrangements with support offices in Bella Vista and Surry Hills
The Pricing & Customer Value team business partners within the Buying division of Supermarkets, Woolworths Food Company, Finance, IT & Strategy teams. As a team, we support the optimisation of pricing opportunities for the Woolworths Supermarkets division with a strong focus on building continued price trust with our customers and maintaining Woolworths’ competitiveness in the market.
We operate in a fast-paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market-leading outcomes. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities.
About the Role
We have an exciting & newly created opportunity for an experienced & technically sound Pricing Data Analyst - to join our Pricing & Customer Value team, a business partnering function within the Commercial division of Supermarkets.
The purpose of this role is to support the optimisation of pricing opportunities for the Woolworths Supermarkets Division with a strong focus on building continued price trust with our customers and maintaining Woolworths’ competitiveness in the market.
Our team of analysts are trusted business partners to a wide group of stakeholders and are strongly connected to the development and delivery of the strategic & commercial direction of the business.
Key responsibilities but not limited to:
- Framing problems, gathering and analysing complex data, and developing insights and recommendations to support the Pricing & Customer Value team’s mandate within the business
- Becoming a trusted advisor to the Commercial team, by injecting analytical rigour and innovative thinking into the issues the business faces, and proactively finding and landing opportunities to add value
- Scoping, developing and maintaining various solutions for the business, including models, reports, and dashboards
- Contributing to the knowledge environment within the Pricing & Customer Value team and the broader Buying team, including training team members and business partners in new concepts and solutions
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Analytics professional with additional skills in stakeholder engagement, and influencing outcomes.
You will have extensive technical knowledge and experience and the ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. Experience partnering with commercial teams within a retail or FMCG environment would be highly beneficial.
- Build strong relationships and trust with key stakeholders
- Establish high-quality output standards and effective working relationships with internal and external service providers
- Be an advocate for our customers and understand the market context in which we operate
- 1-3 years experience in a data analytics role where you managed large data sets and developed complex analysis
- Proven ability to draw on data and analysis to develop actionable insights and recommendations
- Proficiency with SQL (essential) and strong database management experience ideally using systems such as Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery/TableAu/Dataprep)
- Proficiency in MS Excel / Google Sheets and MS Powerpoint / Google Slides
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise, deliver to tight deadlines and thrive in a challenging environment
- “Can do” attitude in the face of challenges
- Attractive remuneration package - including base salary, super and annual bonus
- Added benefits - including staff discounts, flexibility to work from different sites, healthcare, social club, and much more
- Tech options - Woolworths are the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are an early adopter of Agile and have Bring Your Own Device options too
- Work variety - the opportunity to work on multiple brands and sizeable projects
- Hybrid work arrangements with an opportunity to work remotely for up to 2 months a year
- Training and education - we pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- We work in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using SQL, Google Sheets, Excel, Tableau
If you share our customer-first culture and enjoy influencing stakeholders and peers on alternative methodologies and strategies that may not be the norm within the business, please head over to www.wowcareers.com.au to speak to our Talent team.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application. #work180
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.