Technical Support Specialist (906238)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
Technical Support Specialist | Refrigeration & Airconditioning | Woolworths - NSW
- Work flexibly from anywhere
- Attractive package including discounts on groceries, ALH Pubs + Car allowance
- Permanent full-time role
- Close knit national team
The Woolworths 360 Team is a national team of 1,000, responsible for innovating and developing retail stores of the future across supermarkets, Metro & Big W. We’re construction people, facilities and asset management people. We’re planning & commercial people. We’re architects and sustainability people. We’re data analysts, refrigeration and air conditioning people. We are operations and training people. Together, we’re doing our part to bring fresh food and great experiences to our customers every day.
Within Woolworths 360, the Woolworths 360 Facilities Management team is one of the largest providers of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Services in Australia. The team operates around the country to support our stores, including performing day to day service and maintenance efficiently and with minimum disruption to our stores and customers.
The refrigeration landscape is always changing. We strive to be at the forefront of refrigeration technology with a focus on sustainability and have stores that utilise the latest CO2 refrigeration systems and associated controls. Don’t worry if you don’t have experience with these systems, as this role won’t only provide the exposure , we can also provide training and opportunities to further develop your skills, through our internal teams and relationships with industry-leading partners.
In this exciting role you will support Store Operations, Refrigeration & HVAC technicians with troubleshooting HVAC and refrigeration maintenance and works. You will gain a broad understanding and view of our Facilities Maintenance processes and have the ability to drive change to how we do things. We provide a 24/7 support desk to our sites, so you will assist in managing inbound service requests and queries along with offering your technical trade expertise on the ground as required on a rostered basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing jobs as they arise via our centralised software system
- Supporting our technicians in the field when required with troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Supporting warranty handovers for new and renewal stores
- Monitoring our store controllers to ensure set points are maintained and systems are operating at an optimum and energy efficient level
- Supporting technicians out in the field with root cause analysis/troubleshooting, store audits, walks and auditing the work of external contractors
- Generating system reports
- Identifying stores that have high volumes of alarms / high work order issues to identify root cause
- Administering and supporting our centralised enterprise software systems that support our maintenance
- Reviewing operation and setpoints in our stores, with a key focus on operation and energy efficiency.
- Site Audits and review of contractor work.
- Liaising with other business units to achieve the business’ objectives.
- Be able to work as part of a high-performing agile team.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced professional with:
- Trade qualifications in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Strong post apprenticeship experience within the retail refrigeration service and installation industry, preferably with retail supermarket experience
- Solid skills in control theory, diagnostics and troubleshooting
- An ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Flexibility to work outside of business hours on a rostered system, travel as required
- Strong computer literacy in the Google Suite to navigate our systems
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Relevant trade licences such as Arctick licence & electrical workers licence (where required by state)
Why you’ll love it here
The cherry on top!
In addition to this exciting role, we offer some fantastic benefits to our Technicians including:
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered including a car allowance
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- A variety of pathways to grow your career
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Flexible working arrangements - you can have a work life balance at Woolworths - it is possible in the trade!
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Applications close Friday 2nd June 2023
Grow with the Group
Woolworths Group has announced it will be requiring Australian team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to medical and religious exemptions).
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.